Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VE SSV Exhaust suggestions

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Thats why i went with the 2.5inch system, not obnoxiously loud and it was on special , good $NZ money. The missus would've strung me up if i had of gotten anything along the lines of manta, etc. And also i couldnt justify the exorbitant cost even to myself.

Got a similar setup on my ssv manual although 3 inch x force stainless with the hsv headers and not really a fan of the sound to be honest (I’m fussy when it comes to that lol) to me it just sounds like a droney big bore noise that only sounds good when ya give it a good flogging even then I’ve heard better

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
I have decided to go with a hurrican 3" cat back for 1.1k and get extractors / cats later on when I cam it

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Thats why i went with the 2.5inch system, not obnoxiously loud and it was on special , good $NZ money. The missus would've strung me up if i had of gotten anything along the lines of manta, etc. And also i couldnt justify the exorbitant cost even to myself.
That’s the other thing it’s actually not that loud, I wish it were louder honestly it just doesn’t really seem to have a defined v8 note to it if u know what I mean unless u really stand on it... oh I’m in NZ too Auckland chapter lol

Last edited:

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Based on the LS it will never sound really awesome, but an old 308 with an exhaust just oozes pure sex on the ears .

Manawatu chapter here
That’s the other thing it’s actually not that loud, I wish it were louder honestly it just doesn’t really seem to have a defined v8 note to it if u know what I mean unless u really stand on it... oh I’m in NZ too Auckland chapter lol

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
Nothing wrong with the hurricane, got that on mine. Yours should be fairly quiet with the factory “headers” and cats. It’ll make a decent noise with some RPM.