Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Alloytec] 2006 VE SV6 Mufflers

Silver6

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SV6
I would like an exhaust eventually but wondering if I just got the (lets say for arguments sake XFORCE) mufflers would that give me the same noise as it would if it was a cat back? More after sound for now.

Sorry for the dumb question but I new to all this.

Thank you,

Aaron.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You'd be better off finding a set of V8 factory mufflers. You can pick them up for next to nothing.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
You'd be better off finding a set of V8 factory mufflers. You can pick them up for next to nothing.

This sounds loud but also sounds like arse. Had a mate do it and the drone was shocking and the actual noise was what you expect from a 4 cylinder with a 3in exhaust.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Well you might like the sound i dunno but i would definitely label it a p-plater special

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The factory V8 mufflers aren't that loud on a V6. If it is worrying, find a set of AFM mufflers, these will have a single outlet from the muffler with twin tips. The standard V8 mufflers have twin outlets on each muffler.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You will not get a bolt on set for a V6 unless you replace the cats as well. You have to move the factory cats back, this moves the sensors, and you may get the engine light. Being an 06 though, it's pretty rare for the light to come on, it only really happens on the 08 onwards V6's.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do MagnaFLow cats, 200 cell EPA legal.