Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gemmamaryy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
Just chasing some opinions.

I just purchased a 2006 vz s crewman I've replaced what's needs to be replaced now I've suspected new shocks needed in the back noise has worsened over the week.

Front end ** main concern

When going over a speed bump or uneven surface can hear like a noise like something is loose but when I'm driving straight if I move the wheel left and right I can hear what I think is a clunking / knocking noise any suggestions what it could be ? I've thought struts but I've been told link pins and sway bar bushings?

Any advice would be appreciated.

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
I had the same thing at the front any time I went over a bump or turned the wheel. Turned out it was the control rod bushes needed replacing.

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
I had the same noise I replaced the control rod bushings and the noise had basically gone still get the same noise every so often so I’d say most of the front bushings need doing

Gemmamaryy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
I had the same noise I replaced the control rod bushings and the noise had basically gone still get the same noise every so often so I’d say most of the front bushings need doing

Thanks for the advise was definitely the control rod bushings had it looked at took the advice of getting new bushings all over the front end.

nzv8farmer

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 04 VZ
Good to hear you got it sorted, we had a similar thing, was the control rod bush and the strut mount bush/bearing on ours, bearing was non existent when I took it apart.

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
Mine has also turned out to be the Tie Rod ends.
Just had to get them replaced, now noise has gone.

Chris Parkinson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SX6 Adventra
I also have similar noise in front end of my SX6 Adventra, as I turn left I get slight noise as if driver side front tyre is occasionally rubbing against something during turn, soon as I straighten up rubbing noise stops? Any ideas? I used to do all my own work myself but unfortunately where I live now is on a hill and lacks flat areas so I can’t jack it up