Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0ltr

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Model: 2006 VZ SS Thunder

Colour: Quicksilver

Bodykit: Standard SS

Engine Type: L76 6.0ltr

Engine Mods: Standard

Power: 260kw

Exhaust: Twin 2.5" XForce Cat Back Exhaust

Gearbox: Factory 4 Speed Auto

Diff: Standard LSD

Brakes: Standard w/ Corvette C5 Front Calipers

Wheels: Genuine VZ HSV R8 19" Shadow Chrome Rims

Suspension: Pedders Lowered Shocks, Pedders SL Fronts, Pedders SSL Rears

Interior: Factory Black Leather

Other Mods: Twin Hump Hard Lid, Tinted Windows, Strut Brace, Lower grill, Debadged Tailgate, Phillips Crystal Vision Globes

Stereo: Factory 6 CD Stacker Double Din Head Unit

Future Mods: OTR CAI, Extractors, High Flow Cats, Mafless Tune, Mild Cam, Valve Springs, Lower Springs (DONE), New Shocks (DONE), Darker Tint, Sound System.

Pictures:

Last edited:

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey guys,

So i've been a member of the forum for a little while now and thought it was about time that I show you my ride. Its my first V8 and I love it! When I first saw it I joked about getting it and within a few weeks I was driving it home. There are some future mods that I would like to do to it but I want to keep it fairly standard, saying that I'll start and wont be able to stop with the modifications like so many people. I plan to keep it for a long time because I love seeing old commodores in mint condition. It gets washed every week and I try to give it a full detail every month so its always looking its best.

Hope you guys like it.

Let me know what you think.

ZOMBIE

Last edited:

VZ Storm Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Hey mate yes it's a very very nice ute. All of your mods and ute remind me of mine except mines the kids version haha. Damn P plate rules....

You should put a sound system in it aswell. A touchscreen can fit in really nice which looks good and also because of the small area in a ute the sound is good aswell. If you would like I can get a picture of my head unit for you and show you if it will help convinve you!

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey mate,

Thanks, yeah love my car. I couldn't wait till i got off my P's to get a V8.

Yeah, i've been thinking about a sound system, what have you got in yours?
Put some pics up of your head unit and your system.

ZOMBIE

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
great ute mate! bought one of these myself in black . .
love the look of the r8's, can i suggest getting the lower front bar mesh (bout $60 from holden)
makes a real differnce to the look of the bar

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Thanks ssmate,

Yeah love the thunder and yeah ive looked at those lower honeycomb grilles. They should of come out as standard i think.
How hard are they to install?? do you just take the front bumper off and clip it in??

The R8's set the ute off for me, love them in the shadow chrome!

ZOMBIE

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
yea piss easy mate . . 15min job clips are there just pops on (although my bottom 4 clips were broken off from the previous owner?) so just used a bit of silicon to hold it in place
how much was your cat back and were was it installed if you dont mind me asking?

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Ah ok, i should look into getting the lower grille. As you said, it just finishes the front bar off.

I got mine from the "Exhaust Shop" in Frankston (03 8774 0900) for $520 installed. Apparently they are the wholesaler for the performance shops in the area like chevs, APS, MC Auto etc. They stock everything.
I really like the sound of it, nice and throaty/burbly how a V8 should be. I couldnt stand having a V8 that sounded like a vacuum with the stock exhaust haha.

Would like to see some photos of your ute ssmate.

ZOMBIE

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Very nice ute mate. The R8 wheels really set it off.

I got mine from the "Exhaust Shop" in Frankston (03 8774 0900) for $520 installed. Apparently they are the wholesaler for the performance shops in the area like chevs, APS, MC Auto etc. They stock everything.

Are you sure about this? I know for a fact that Chev's get their exhausts straight from the manufacturers.