Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0ltr

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey VZHSV,

Thanks for the comment.

Yeah VZ is my favourite shape Commodore, nice and sleek with its sharp edges.
The XForce system is only mild steel, I figured that when I get extractors and high flow cats I will get them in stainless and replace the cat back with stainless so the whole system is stainless.
Why you ask?

ZOMBIE

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
no worries mate ;) ,
well u mentioned $520 and thats dirt cheap for a stainless so had to confirm this because i know some1 in exhaust wholesale and im only getting a xfroce stainless for 800 lol so ye.
im doing my full exhaust soon to :) .
cant wait!!!! need to hear some 6litre =D

also got pics of the C5 calipers?/
any diferent from stock?

VZ Storm Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Nice ute dude... Can your HU show TV?

Also.. Want to give me your rims? kthxbye

Yes it can show TV.

ZOMBIE,

My brakes on my ute arn't quite as good as they use to be now. What would be required for me to buy to fix this? Just some aftermarket disk brakes and calipers? And how much will this cost and also what are a nice brand please?

I have emailed a performance shop near me asking on what is the best exhaustI can get on power and sound with $2500 and they have told me a mild steel x-force system. I was thinking should I get stainless steel and how much extra would this cost?

Thank you

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
VZ HSV,

Yeah, there's nothing worse then having a 6ltr and not being able to hear its power haha.

I dont have photos of the C5 Caliper yet but my understanding of them is that they are the same caliper used in the HSV range. If anybody knows I would like to know what the differences are.

ZOMBIE.

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
ZOMBIE,

My brakes on my ute arn't quite as good as they use to be now. What would be required for me to buy to fix this? Just some aftermarket disk brakes and calipers? And how much will this cost and also what are a nice brand please?

I have emailed a performance shop near me asking on what is the best exhaustI can get on power and sound with $2500 and they have told me a mild steel x-force system. I was thinking should I get stainless steel and how much extra would this cost?

Thank you

VZ Storm Ute,

You could get a performance brake upgrade for better stopping power and there good looks or just get some new HPX police spec brake pads. Ive heard there amazing, you never get brake dust, brake squeal from them and because they're the police spec they have much greater stopping power because they have more pad surface area on the disk. Talk to greg from gsl rallysport in the forum section and he will be able to point you in the right area.

As for you exhaust most people recommend Pacemaker extractors, high flow cats and a twin 2.25" cat back exhaust for the alloytecs. Check out The Ultimate Alloytec Performance Thread and it has some information on whats best for alloytecs along with some videos. There is also a thread in the V6 performance thread about V6 Exhausts. $2500 sounds a bit much for a full system for a V6 so shop around to a few places and ask people in the V6 exhaust thread what they paid.

Hope this helps.

ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
I have been in one of these, all the way to 210km/h where it sits on a speed limiter, awesome car mate, what did u have before this?

Hey dbarnes,

Sorry for the late reply. Where did you get to go 210km/h in a thunder?? I wonder how fast you could get it if you could turn the speed limiter off.
Yeah im really happy with it, drives amazing and I use any excuse to drive it.

Before this car I had my first car, a 2002 VX V6 Exec sedan with bodykit, VZ SS wheels, cat back, tint and king spring superlows. Was a very nice car.

The Thunder is a big step up from it and i have no regrets!

ZOMBIE

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Awesome ute you've got there mate, I think I've seen you around.

Very nice pictures too... HDR or just long exposure and P'Shopped?

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey Jesterarts,

Thanks for the comment, I love my car! haha.

Yeah I think I see you around a bit, Early mornings when im driving to work. Mornington / Mount Martha way?
Your BMW is the one with the red LED's around the headlights yeah??

The photos are long exposure with the brightness and contrast tweaked a little.

ZOMBIE

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hey Jesterarts,

Thanks for the comment, I love my car! haha.

Yeah I think I see you around a bit, Early mornings when im driving to work. Mornington / Mount Martha way?
Your BMW is the one with the red LED's around the headlights yeah??

The photos are long exposure with the brightness and contrast tweaked a little.

ZOMBIE

Nah, thats not me mate, I grew out of pretty colours in headlights a while back. :p

I'm usually around mornington way weekends and what not and when I saw the pick I was positive I'd seen it before.

I was looking into getting thunder @ one point so they catch my eye, and one on R8 rims would catch my eye in particular.

Yeah, the pictures look very nice mate. Nice work.

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Jesterarts,

Ever since I saw the Thunder model I wanted to get one, such a nice looking car, I really like the shape of them.
Yeah having the 19" R8's on it finish's the exterior look of it quite well. Not many people have R8's, well not as many people as the Sigs and VE gts rims.

I try my best to get pictures that complement the car, since cars always look there best in person.

ZOMBIE