Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0ltr

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
No worries at all mate. BUT, don't get me wrong, I'm not going to shove "buy a blower cos they're the be all and end all of power etc" down your throat. You may not like how the power and torque is delivered. You may find you prefer the power delivery of a turbo. That's why if you're serious about going forced induction you need to go for a drive in as many different cars as possible. That's where speaking to a few tuners and organising a ride in their cars is a top idea. I went for a drive in a heap of cars before deciding which way I wanted to go (single turbo, twin turbo, blower, big cam/head etc to stay naturally aspirated), and just loved the instant power of the blower. Anyway, I'll take you for a spin and you can go from there.

Wikky,

All good, I appreciate your advice and I've heard that it is a good idea to go in all cars with different Forced Induction so you know exactly what you want as you said.

ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
do both if you have the $$$ blower and gearbox conversion. if i had an auto ute, i know what i would be changin first. lol

haha i wish i had the money to both, its a bit tough when im trying to save for a house though.
Would you go the blower.. haha. Ive heard gearbox conversions are never as good as the ones that come out stock though.

ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey guys,

Just a quick update.

The car is booked in this weekend for:
- new rubber all round
- new brake pads to get fitted (HPX pads from gsl rallysport)
- new Pedders rear shortened shockers
- new Pedders lower rear springs

I'll post some pictures up when its all finished.

ZOMBIE

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
i'd go the blower aye, then maybe "MAYBE" do the conversion down the track.

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey guys,

So i got the rear suspension all fixed up yesterday, I got new Pedders lowered shockers and some new lower rear springs.
Im really happy how it turned out and it rides a dream, so smooth.
The rear guard now sits over the tyre about 20mm and the stance sits equal and flat, I love it... turns a lot of head now.

Let me know what you think...

New brake pads and tyres go on tomorrow, ill take some more photos soon when its all done.

Im thinking now painting the calipers red to go with the red pedders springs and to jazz it up.

ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
I got the new tyres fitted today along with HPX brake pads.

It rides so smooth with the new suspension and the new tyres on, dont feel any harsh bumps anymore.
The brake pads are great too, no brake squeal which is awesome... I hated having such a nice car and then when you put the brakes on it would squeal.
The pads are police spec pads and there stopping capability is amazing, If anyone ever needs pads i recommend gsl rallysport. I got the pads within 2 days of ordering them from brisbane to Melbourne and buying the pads through them saved me $500 instead of holden trying to stitch me up.

Below are some more pics since having the rear suspension fitted.

Let me know what you think of how it sits now.

ZOMBIE

Last edited:

Kingston_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
sits just like mine now, looks good buddy.

you got a camber kit on the rear of yours? some people say its a waste but i have in mine and you can notice a difference in handling and also tire life has increased a little.

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey kingston,

Looks alot lower in person, when its in drive it drops about another 10mm.
Nah i havent got a camber kit yet, I have also heard that camber kits dont do anything on VZ's, ill see how the tyre wear goes and then ill make my mind up.

ZOMBIE

Kingston_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
i'd say mine is the same as yours VY II to a VZ, and my tires arnt dead flat, but they are alot better then before with out a camber kit. if you do end up getting one, which i would if i were you :p go the 4 bush kit. if you go the cheap 2 bush kit, you wont notice a thing.

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
very nice zombie love the new ride stance . . looking tuff as . . what other mods do you have planned for her in the near future?