Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VZ Thunder Exchanging panels?

Bushland1968

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Thunder ute
wondering if someone can tell me, I’ve just bought a 2006 Thunder and it’s got some slight panel damage ( not too bad) from clipping a roo, but I want it look 100%, do bonnets and panels from other VZ’s from 2005/06 match up with my ute

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not sure with the guards.....I know the SS had flutes in the guards...Not sure about the Thunder edition.....Base model didn't.....So if changing guards you have to decide whether you have flutes or not....Otherwise everything changes over, including guards.....

Bushland1968

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Thunder ute
Not sure with the guards.....I know the SS had flutes in the guards...Not sure about the Thunder edition.....Base model didn't.....So if changing guards you have to decide whether you have flutes or not....Otherwise everything changes over, including guards.....
14225077-F074-459D-94FD-A91ADE532951.jpeg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
1650701036326.png

These are the flutes I'm referring to.....The picture you posted doesn't have the flutes in the guards...They all interchange either way

Bushland1968

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Thunder ute
Sure will
You’ve probably already answered the question, but just humour me. Does the VZ Crewman parts ( right hand front guard) fit other VZ utes of that year? Are the front ends the same and only the driver/ passenger sect longer?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You’ve probably already answered the question, but just humour me. Does the VZ Crewman parts ( right hand front guard) fit other VZ utes of that year? Are the front ends the same and only the driver/ passenger sect longer?
They will fit. There’s no difference, sedan, wagon ute etc. SS of course need the fluted guards to stay true to the design, and they fit just the same on an SV6.

Bonnets are all the same. Lights are all interchangeable. Crewman is effectively wired as a sedan with the body harness plugging into a tonner rear harness. The BCM lacks the pin out for boot lid release but all the wiring is there via the sedan harness.

I used a Calais roof harness to have all the Calais features in my Crewman (visors, sunnies holder and rear courtesy lights). Commodores are just weird looking Lego.

Reactions: Lex