Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 WM Caprice and Bluetooth thread

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
Gday guys,
Brought a 2006 Holden Caprice a few months ago, and found the bloody thing had a phone button , but NO bluetooth (stupid holden)...
Trying to find a good solution for fitting bluetooth into this vehicle .
Could it be as simple as plugging in a head unit for a newer model caprice?
Or there is a thing they put above glub box there, can i plug one of those into my head unit?

I've also seen cheaper ways out, like bluetooth adapters etc

Cheers

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Missing BT module behind the glove box. I think Caprice models equipped with the plug, also need to install mic.

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
So its just a matter of finding a BT Module, and plugging in?

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
I'd assume software within Headunit would need to be tampered with

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
I would have thought the caprice being the top of the range in its day would have had Bluetooth as standard but I could be wrong. You could pull the glove box out and see if the module is there or if it's gone the plug would be there. There are plenty of posts about pulling the glove box out and plenty about adding Bluetooth to the VE commodore. If you use the search box you will find them. Good luck with it.

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep SRT8, WM Caprice, VE Wagon
My understanding is the caprice definitely had BT mate. Maybe the Bluetooth module is missing from above glovebox as suggested? Check that as first step. If you pull down sunglasses holder you should see the wiring in there for mic from factory. If module is missing I have a spare one here you can wack in

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
I managed to get a module, and connect bluetooth .. However you can only use it for calls. How would I go about making it work for music? Could i just find a wrecked series II Wm caprice, and take the stereo from that?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That's right the series 1 doesn't work for music though I will never understand why.
The series 2 option is probably the best way to go but not sure exactly how much you need to transplant.

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
Was hoping i could just steal a series 2 stereo from somewhere and just plop it in.. I believe it needs security changes to with VIN

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It's a straight forward conversion to update to series 2 headunit, however, the series 2 isn't the greatest for bluetooth connectivity and you might even find you can't get any connectivity with newer Apple and Samsung phones.

The series 2 headunit will have a usb that you plug the phone into. The headunit works better off that than through bluetooth for music.

If you are going down that path, we are on the cusp of seeing a whole raft of headunit replacements for the series 1 and 2.

The best at present is the

https://www.envyouscustoms.com/audi...reen-navigation-android-radio-11inch-upgrade/

This won't interact with the Rear Entertainment but as he talks about, it can interact with an aftermarket rear screens etc.

Last edited: