Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 clubsport ls2 to l77

E3hsvnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 E3 clubsport
Hey all,
I’m fitting a l77 afm engine to a 2007 Holden clubsport R8.
Original engine was ls2.
Iv deleted afm using new ls7 lifters and used the original cam from the ls2.
Iv started engine and it sounds like it’s misfiring or sounds as if it has a “lumpy cam”.
Iv used the ls2 (original) wiring loom, ecu, coils, throttle body but had to change to the l77 map sensor as the plugs are different. (Iv tryed using old map sensor with no change)
Help!!
Injectors?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
should be ok but the map may have a different scaling u would have to check that out, injectors will have to be ls2 to suit the ecu calibration as the flex ones are bigger

E3hsvnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 E3 clubsport
should be ok but the map may have a different scaling u would have to check that out, injectors will have to be ls2 to suit the ecu calibration as the flex ones are bigger
How do I check that out? Also that must be why it’s running rough as I have the l77 injectors in.
I would have to put the ls2 manifold on the l77 is that possible with the different ports??

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
can't swap manifolds, will have to get the injectors to fit or change the data in the ecu to the L77 so they work, may need tune adjusted to suit also as the L77 heads flow different to the ls2, map should swap over is it the hole different ? plug should be same as ur using ls2 looms, not sure how u can read it but with key on engine off map should read bout 102kpa if yours does then more then likely ok just the injectors issue

E3hsvnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 E3 clubsport
can't swap manifolds, will have to get the injectors to fit or change the data in the ecu to the L77 so they work, may need tune adjusted to suit also as the L77 heads flow different to the ls2, map should swap over is it the hole different ? plug should be same as ur using ls2 looms, not sure how u can read it but with key on engine off map should read bout 102kpa if yours does then more then likely ok just the injectors issue
I could space out the injectors, just to see if that fixes my problem.
How do I go about changing the data in ecu to match these injectors?
Iv tried to make a ac Delco login but it says it’s not available ‍♂️.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u would need a tuner to be able to change the data, the plugs should be the same just the injector length ? as long as u can mount them in there so its secure and the rail bolts down then it should work

Reactions: Lex