Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 SS-V Performance Upgrades

Nick109

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden Commodore SS-V Manual
I want to upgrade me SS-V it currently has a twin air intake, bigger extractors, mafless time, msd leads and a full xforce exhaust.
Dyno tuned for 98 octane

It’s a 6L V8 with a 6 speed Manual.
ODO - 160,500km

I’m currently getting a new Differential as the old one started chips flakes from the gears.

Is it worth upgrading this model to gain major power increases. IE - Bigger Cam, supercharger aftermarket intake manifold.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Well, is it worth it is a very subjective thing.
Do you mind throwing roughly $15k at it for a blower and cam and making in the region of 700HP?
I say go for it!
I wouldn't think twice about it again.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If you can afford it then hell yea! With the diff replacement are u changing the gear ratios or just a straight swap? while it’s out throw in a 3.9 gear set for much better pickup

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Man i'd love 700hp and 3.9's in mine. Imagine the tyres you'd go through though@!

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
I want to upgrade me SS-V it currently has a twin air intake, bigger extractors, mafless time, msd leads and a full xforce exhaust.
Dyno tuned for 98 octane

It’s a 6L V8 with a 6 speed Manual.
ODO - 160,500km

I’m currently getting a new Differential as the old one started chips flakes from the gears.

Is it worth upgrading this model to gain major power increases. IE - Bigger Cam, supercharger aftermarket intake manifold.

Definitely worth throwing in a genuine harrop Truetrac (there are Chinese knock offs for that break) along with some 3.9s. Upgrading the camshaft is another good upgrade but you should speak to a professional about how big of a cam you want and what you use the car for. Intake manifold swap isn’t worth the $$ outlay unless you stroke or turbo the engine.