Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE Berlina Boot Lid Randomly & Frequently Pops Itself.

mrscholz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Wondering if anyone could help...

Have a 07 Berlina with a head-scratcher, the boot lid actuator goes off all by itself randomly and quite often. I bought it a couple of years ago, it started about six months after I bought it and has gradually gotten worse over time.

I have changed the fuse, the actuator and the relay, but none of these things have had any effect on it. I thought I'd best ask a few other commodore enthusiasts before I take the next step and burn it! lol

Cheers,

Matt.

Titleist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE s2 SSV
do you actually hear the actuator working by itself or are you only noticing the boot open ?

if so , it could be a "short" in the wiring and when something moves a wire could earth out and it could activate the actuator...

i'd probably use a spare key fob to start with , just to see if it's a fault with the central locking button thats doing it remotely...

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
my statesman used to do this. not sure if it applies to your VE but it turned out that the button for the boot release in the glove box was faulty and it would pop the boot randomly sometimes.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
^^^^^^^ Very good advice, This would be my guess also !

The easiest solution is to try and disconnect the Boot Release button in the globe compartment...
See if that fixes the problem. (You will be able to manually release the boot using your keyfob remote control)....

If the problem is fixed after that, then you are up for a new boot release button...
If not, then the problem may be BCM, or a weird short on the wiring somewhere...
(But if I was a betting man, I would be betting on the boot release switch !)

mrscholz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yeah, you can hear the actuator clicking even after the boot has popped... Thanks for the advice everyone, I will try everything that you's have posted and will get back with results...

Cheers! :smoking:

mrscholz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sorry took so song to respond... Still havn't fixed it, disconnected the button in the glove box... nothin... i'm stumped and I'm afraid to go near Holden because I always walk out of there 3 sizes bigger. Anyways thanks for the help.

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
Think u might be up for a visit to your friendly dealer, get the BCM reset, sure sounds to me like stray signals from the BCM

ejvideos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi. I recently had this problem with my 2012 VE Omega. It seemed to do it mostly on cold mornings or when I drove over a bump that would twist the car. I spent hundreds on electricians and they couldn't find the problem - Holden dealer said no faults on BCM and even reset it for me (it popped open as I left their yard!!). Then yesterday I opened the glove box and it popped, so I pushed on the glove box and it popped. I could push anywhere on the glove box and it would make the boot pop open.
So I undid all the screws that hold the glove box in and dropped it down and what I discovered is that the wiring loom from the boot release switch to the fuze panel is very short and was really tight and routed in such a way that when the glove box was installed, it stretched the loom. So I gave it a wiggle and ensured it didn't jam on anything when re-installing it. Voila !!!!! The boot hasn't popped open since. I am so freakin' happy now.
Assumptions: The stretching of the loom was putting pressure on a connector at the fuze box end of the loom, thus causing an electrical fault to occur, so even if you removed the button, it would still pop open. Cold frosty mornings would make the wires contract, putting more pressure on an existing tight wire. Hope this helps and greetings from NZ.