Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE Calais v6

Chad08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6
Hey guys I may be swapping the jeep I have now for a 07 ve calais (v6 not v8). I like everything about the car besides the automatic transmission. Is it worth converting? and roughly how much do you reckon it would cost?

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
nope. because the calais never came out with a manual you would need to do some trickery with the onboard computers and possibly get one out of a sv6/ss. it would cost way too much for the outcome

Chad08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6
nope. because the calais never came out with a manual you would need to do some trickery with the onboard computers and possibly get one out of a sv6/ss. it would cost way too much for the outcome

No worries thanks :D

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Yeah, it would be cheaper to mod a manual SV6 to get all the features and comforts of the Calais with a Manual gearbox.
I have seen things like Calais Seats go for $1000, clusters go for $200, the head unit go for around $400 for Series 1 stuff.

Calais are typically targeted to the RSL retirement folk, so they are built for comfort with any sporting aspirations following a very distant second. :(
(V8 models dont get LSD, later Calais models missed out on FE2 suspension, the seats are nice and comfy, easy to get in and out of, but are not as supportive as the sport models).

The later model SIDI Calais (and all the V8 calais) were fitted with a 6 speed auto transmission, which you may find better than the 5 speed Auto fitted to the early Calais V6 models.

Just some food for thought ??

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Yeah, it would be cheaper to mod a manual SV6 to get all the features and comforts of the Calais with a Manual gearbox.
I have seen things like Calais Seats go for $1000, clusters go for $200, the head unit go for around $400 for Series 1 stuff.

Calais are typically targeted to the RSL retirement folk, so they are built for comfort with any sporting aspirations following a very distant second. :(
(V8 models dont get LSD, later Calais models missed out on FE2 suspension, the seats are nice and comfy, easy to get in and out of, but are not as supportive as the sport models).

Just a slight correction. LSD was an optional extra as my 2006 Calais V came with factory LSD and FE2.