Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE GTS or 2013 VF SSV REDLINE

ADAMI

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve or vf currently deciding
Hi guys, 1st time poster here so bear with me. Currently looking at these 2 vehicles as I can get a higher mileage newer Vf 6 litre Redline or a older VE GTS 6 litre also for similar money.
Besides the obvious vf being newer was wondering which way to go. Will be road testing and inspecting both vehicles tomorrow. Appreciate any replies and am thinking the gts may be the better buy in the long run but the vf is the last model and supposedly an awesome car also, appreciate any input or opinions on this,thanks.
Regards Adami

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Tough decision. E1 is better looking, but heap more tech in the VF.
I was looking at a low k VF SS, a low k 2010 GXP, and a low k E series GTS all around the same money, chose the GTS.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Personally the gts

ADAMI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys, defintely a hard one. The VF has 148kms and the Gts has 117kms but both are well serviced and good nick.
looking at the gts shortly and the vf tonight, may come down to gut feeling, will let you guys know how i go,cheers

ADAMI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had a good look at the GTS, very nice and an honest car by the looks. Checking out the VF in a few hours. liking the GTS atm, cheers

ADAMI

Reaction score
Members Ride
the HSV GTS title keeps sticking in my head guys but still gonna checkout the ssv vf to be sure

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Had a good look at the GTS, very nice and an honest car by the looks. Checking out the VF in a few hours. liking the GTS atm, cheers

Funny I have 2 Ves and a VF and always find myself in the VE's not a fan of the VF electric steering feel

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
IMHO definitely go for the newer VF. It will also be less expensive to run.
Before you decide get a quote from your insurance company on the premiums for both of these cars. I suspect you will be blown away on the premium price you will have to pay to insure the HSV GTS (which you will have to pay out every year) plus your maintenance cost will be somewhat higher. So is the older GTS versus the latest VF worth the extra presentation value because both cars will do exactly the same job for you.

Now that these HSVs are out of production is it going to be possible to access the HSV parts needed to repair one of these cars if you are unlucky enough to be hit by another car in say 2 years time and you need to replace the HSV parts?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Before you decide get a quote from your insurance company on the premiums for both of these cars. Now that these HSVs are out of production is it going to be possible to access the HSV parts needed to repair one of these cars if you are unlucky enough to be hit by another car in say 2 years time and you need to replace the HSV parts?

Two very good points.
Depends on how long you are going to keep the car of your choice. I would be concerned about the tech in a VF, which is more likely to glitch a few years down the track, if you intend to keep it.
My pick would be the GTS, because I am a badge snob, but I have zero experience with either of these cars.

ADAMI

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the unbiased opinions guys, lots to think about, will let you how i end u, hahaha, cheers