Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE new owner few issues and Qs (A/C and heating , dash lights, speakers)

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore Omega gone SS
Hi guys
Got me a nice VE Omega that looks like a nice SS and Im happy with my new ride like a baby with an iPhone :)
Got few annoying issues that I cant resolve as seller moved away to USA and Im new to these lovely cars and dont have much mates that are into cars so any help appreciatted mates.

1.A/C stays on OFF position all the time , no cold air blown whatsoever. Checked fuses in engine bay marked as HVAC and they seem fine and all belts seem to turn so dont know what to do and where to go (Im in Cabramatta, Sydney).
.......That would be a nice isolated problem if there wasnt the secont one thats related...

2.THERE IS NO HOT AIR !!! blowing anytime . I thought that hot air always work on any car as its from the heat generated by the engine but...NAH! No matter what temp I set it stays on kind of outside temperature which is weird to say the least!
Its dual zone AC controller located below Blaupunkt 6-stacker

3. Speedometer needle is not lit...nor are two small dosplays inside the Speedo/ODO area (below needles)

4. This is just a suggestion request. I just want to replace stock speakers in doors with something better ( may have been asked 1000 times but...) so just advise on something nice for front and rear doors thats a compatible snap-in replacement)
If component for fronts should I just install mid/woofer in the door and leave stock tweeter in or do I need to replace both? And AFAIK rear door ones are coaxial so just replace with coaxial? Just tell me what size do I need to get and Ill google , or suggest tried-out speaker that sounds good...

I know these may have been answered before but there are sooo many treads and I couldnt find an answer yet tbh so please help new Holden owner be bit happier with his ride.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH...any answer to any question much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8063web.jpg
    IMG_8063web.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 306

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
For the dash lights try pressing one of the brightness buttons above the head light switch. Does brightness increase or extra lights come on in the cluster?
Try doing a Reset of Tye HVAC flaps. There's a procedure on here or google. Listen if the flaps move when you do it. I think you just hold down the recirculate button but can't remember

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi mate,
Pressing +- buttons increases/decreases light brightness as expected. No extra lights come on/off.

I've reset the flaps by long pressing rear window defog button and sounds of motors and moving parts are heard.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Does the air go where it should when you adjust the direction?
Face, feet screen etc?
Plenty of folks have had to replace one of the a actuators in their HVAC for similar issues.

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
Air goes as directed.

Umm... what's an actuator and how much for such pleasure?

Thanks for quick reply

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
They are the things that move the flaps. Maybe the actuator that moves the hot / cold is broken?
Or does it look like someone has been stuffing with your dash? Not many omegas had dual zone that I know of.

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
I really dont know ... might have been but I reckon he would have left A/C connected and working. No point having an SS clone and not have aircon... It all looks brand new though...Interior is as new, 150k on dash... I'm puzzled....

offtopic:
Sometimes (more often than not, when inserting the key and starting the car, wipers start turning couple times...sometimes not...and I did not move the lever ...strange

There is a tiny bulb? / sphere in the middle of the dash close to front window, where air for demist comes out...it is see-thry, plasticky sphere...anyone knows what that is for?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
That sensor is for the climate control and auto headlights and interior light.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I wouldn't have thought that a 2007 Omega would have had dual zone climate control meaning someone has added it at some stage.....likley the previous owner who did the SS cloning.

Maybe get in touch with @TazzI , he does conversion packs so may have a solution to your problems.

In terms of upgrading speakers, have a read of this thread - https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/upgrading-ve-stock-speakers-how-to.159709/. It should have all the answers you seek.

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank you for help!

I just got in touch with the owner and he told me that A/C worked just fine last summer and was re-gassed at that time as well.
Btw. how long after re-gas does one need to do another? Im thinking of taking the car for another re-gas and maybe gas - check but read somewhere that car needs to be running when doing so to reveal any leaks. So does anyone know of such a place in Sydney that's reasonable with prices?

cheers