Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE series 1 radio replaced question.

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais
Hi All I'm new to this forum.
I have a Ve calais series 1, 2007 radio that needs to be replaced as confirmed .
My question is can a 2008 calais series 1 head unit ve be a suitable replacement after reprogrammed?
It's also same brand being blaupunkt.

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais
Yep absolutely.
Thanks mate.
Just as I thought but wanted to be sure.
Any contacts or recommendations for radio programmers in Melbourne ?
It my understanding when I remove the faulty unit and replace with another unit it just needs to be programmed to suit the vehicles Vin.
Apart from that it should just go straight in there and all work including linking with factory ceiling mounted DVD. Is this correct.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais
LSxtreme.

Thanks mate.
Is there anywhere closer to Melbourne and don't mention ASL that charged me $250 just to tell my fascia and radio is faulty.
Looking at replacing with another unit so just needing to be re programmed to suit Vin No.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s not a cheap process to go through diagnostics to identify a fault. The days of quick easy solutions are gone.

To have a headunit reflashed will set you back $150-250 as well by most.

I’d be looking at aftermarket solutions which will bring your car into the modern age for tech. Then it’s all said and done.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thanks mate.
Is there anywhere closer to Melbourne and don't mention ASL that charged me $250 just to tell my fascia and radio is faulty.
Looking at replacing with another unit so just needing to be re programmed to suit Vin No.
You could try Automotive Lighting Customs, think they're in Dandenong.

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais
It’s not a cheap process to go through diagnostics to identify a fault. The days of quick easy solutions are gone.

To have a headunit reflashed will set you back $150-250 as well by most.

I’d be looking at aftermarket solutions which will bring your car into the modern age for tech. Then it’s all said and done.

Thanks
But in order to change head units as you would know is not a cheap exercise well over $1000.
There is only certain type of units with alpine being one of them which has the capacity to connect your rear dvd players.
I'm sure you can throw in a cheap double din unit in but thus would mean you will loose some of the on screen functions like Hvac controls.
Anyway that's my understanding hence why it sometimes pay to keep things all original which also holds more value if you were to ever sell your car.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think you will find you will have RCA jacks at the back of any reasonable double din to plug in a DVD screen. Plus you wont lose HAVAC controls as that is operated buy the fascia/install kit, this I know for sure, even with dual zone.

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais
I think you will find you will have RCA jacks at the back of any reasonable double din to plug in a DVD screen. Plus you wont lose HAVAC controls as that is operated buy the fascia/install kit, this I know for sure, even with dual zone.
So what about the display on screen for Hvac as you get this on original radio.
Also parking sensors which are shown on screen.
Would these 2 functions still be displayed with an after market unit.