Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE SS Holden Commodore Aircon locked to windscreen and blows hot passenger and cold driver side

Laney74

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS Holden Commodore
I recently had a new battery installed and prior to this my air conditioner was working perfectly fine and blowing cold air and out of all vents. Once new battery went in, the air conditioner locked itself to the windscreen vents and is now blowing hot on passenger side and cold on driver side. Tried a reset and came up as failed. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do too resolve it. Thank you.

Last edited:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
you will need to calibrate the hvac system
  • To do this first close your doors and turn the radio off. You’ll need to listen to the motors and they’re very quiet.
  • Turn the Ignition to ‘on’ but do not start the car. Press and hold the rear demister button until you hear the actuators moving. After 10-15 seconds the actuators will stop and the system will be calibrated. Test the air conditioner system and check if your problem still exists. Be sure to cycle through each mode and heat / cool.
  • If the problem still exists or you heard loud clicking noises during this process, its very likely that an actuator is faulty

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Also if theres a clicking noise in the dash when you turn on the ignition is a telltale of actuator rooted

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Also if theres a clicking noise in the dash when you turn on the ignition is a telltale of actuator rooted
Sorry to barging in,but,every time i start my VE Omega dual fuel,i can hear strong clicking coming from behind top vents but everything works just "fine".Go figure..

Laney74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks everyone. I'll try the calibration. But does this work when I have an Alpine dual head unit in the car. The stereo and Aircon control panel.

Joshanator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Thanks everyone. I'll try the calibration. But does this work when I have an Alpine dual head unit in the car. The stereo and Aircon control panel.
Hi, how did you go with this Laney74, I have an Alpine Head unit too with the LCD HVAC Controls and am wondering how to do the HVAC actuator reset.

Joshanator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Thanks VS_Pete, i'm just no sure the re-learn function is working with the rear demist button on the Alpine head Unit as this incorporates the heater controls also on a small LCD screen, rather than the usual rear demist button.

Is there any other way to have the system relearn without this button?

Cheers,

Josh

Laney74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi, how did you go with this Laney74, I have an Alpine Head unit too with the LCD HVAC Controls and am wondering how to do the HVAC actuator reset.

Hi Joshanator, I've had no luck but got a guy to do a diagnostic test on it and said vents locked and tried to unlock vent and nothing. How did you go with yours?

Wisewarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Hi anyone can help I have the same problem in my 2009 VE Holden Calais with Aircon locked to windscreen and blows hot passenger and cold driver side. Ive tried resetting with no luck and what Ive read its the actuator. Does anyone know someone in Brisbane that could fix apart from Holden. Cheers