Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 ve sv6

Pinkfrangipani

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 2007
Hi does any one know why I would have petrol in my motor at all I did the chains new oil pump new spark plugs it cranks but won't start pulled the spark plugs out they stink of fuel any help will be greatful

hookalaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 3.6
Maybe the base timing is out or there's an ignition problem where the fuel ain't been burned up in the combustion process so it stays wet on the plugs

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What’s the go on flood mode? Foot flat to the floor?

mr_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 07
What’s the go on flood mode? Foot flat to the floor?

VE's have the electronic throttle and they've also installed a limiter on revs (at least in idle) to max out at 4000 RPM.
IF OP flooded it in neutral/park, I just dont think it would be possible to do that with e-carbs.

Likely the chains are out of alignment/skipped a tooth.

OP, do you have a OBD tool?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’m well aware of the electronic throttle. There is a process to go through without the Tech2 that can help. It’s outlined in the factory manual.
I just don’t recall what that process was.

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Special Vehicles GTS 2007 VE Sedan 6.0 i V
Hi does any one know why I would have petrol in my motor at all I did the chains new oil pump new spark plugs it cranks but won't start pulled the spark plugs out they stink of fuel any help will be greatful
Chains as in timing chains? If fitted incorrectly, you have a few bent valves. Was there any initial clunks when you first turned it over. A compression test may tell you something but my guess is valve related.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Chains as in timing chains? If fitted incorrectly, you have a few bent valves. Was there any initial clunks when you first turned it over. A compression test may tell you something but my guess is valve related.
Hey Paul, they haven't logged on for about a year. It wasn't a bad thread, but it looks like we're unlikely to know the outcome.