Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 Calais V 60th Anniversary

mickkcim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversary Calais V V8
This Calais in stock form was pretty damn good it had a sunroof, cream leather, DVD screen but I have to modify cars lol.

So I lowered it first using King springs SSSL front and SSL rear both with monroe shocks. Which made it ride alot better but still a little soft for my liking.

Next I got an exhaust consisting of a 2.5inch mild steel cat back, LS3 headers and 100 cell cats which made it sound like a V8 should.
Then I got a VCM OTR, tune and auto tune which livened it up alot.
I was under it one day and realised that it didn't have a LSD so that was next on my list. I ended up getting a HSV 3.27 LSD for it.
Next up was the sound system.. Alpine SPR-60C splits in the front doors, Alpine SPR-60 coaxials in the rear doors. I dynamatted all the doors as i amped the speakers with a Alpine MRX-F65 which put out 110w RMS x4 channel.
As the standard headunit has no RCA out and I didn't really want to use a LOC I got a Pioneer AVH-X2650BT headunit and used G8 designs fascia and air con controls. Which is awesome, I highly recommend it.

Next up was custom plates INYAGOB seemed pretty funny lol.

Then I got some wheels, 20x9 front and 20x10 rears +40 offset (not fun to fit under guards) ended up rolling the guards alot and they fit (just)

Here's how it sits today. Minus the towbar.

My next plans for it are Camaro auto deep pan, Coilovers and Cam package.