Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 SV6 - Bluetooth Music?

saltmarsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey guys! New member here.

So I picked up a 2008 SV6 today which I'm super happy with.

One thing I was wondering though, I can pair my phone to the Vehicle BT but it doesn't seem to stream music through the car system, just connect my phone functions. Is this right? Phone function only via BT on this model?

There's a 3.5mm input on the front, so I can run into that for music from my phone, just with no steering wheel controls I guess.

That said the bloody thing started throwing up the "Mechanism Error" thing as soon as I put a CD in it which is a pain. I'll be calling the dealership back tomorrow to try and get that sorted out. If it just wouldn't play CDs I wouldn't worry too much about it in a hurry, but even with the radio it's beeping every minute to tell me there's an error. That's a whole other story though.

If anyone has an answer to the BT music streaming thing that'd be great.

I have an iPhone 5 (yeah yeah) and it doesn't let me select BT as an option for music output like it did with my old external BT device.

Cheers!

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
Hey guys! New member here.

So I picked up a 2008 SV6 today which I'm super happy with.

One thing I was wondering though, I can pair my phone to the Vehicle BT but it doesn't seem to stream music through the car system, just connect my phone functions. Is this right? Phone function only via BT on this model?

There's a 3.5mm input on the front, so I can run into that for music from my phone, just with no steering wheel controls I guess.

That said the bloody thing started throwing up the "Mechanism Error" thing as soon as I put a CD in it which is a pain. I'll be calling the dealership back tomorrow to try and get that sorted out. If it just wouldn't play CDs I wouldn't worry too much about it in a hurry, but even with the radio it's beeping every minute to tell me there's an error. That's a whole other story though.

If anyone has an answer to the BT music streaming thing that'd be great.

I have an iPhone 5 (yeah yeah) and it doesn't let me select BT as an option for music output like it did with my old external BT device.

Cheers!

The blaupunkt unit uses an older version of Bluetooth which doesn't support streaming. I don't know of any fix that can work around this other than getting a new head unit

saltmarsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The blaupunkt unit uses an older version of Bluetooth which doesn't support streaming. I don't know of any fix that can work around this other than getting a new head unit

Cool thanks for the info mate, I assumed it must have been something like that. Cheers!

saltmarsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6

Thanks decromin! I had a visor clip on BT thing in my VZ which I could use.

I figure if I get an audio cable that isn't overly long with a 90deg plug I should be able to incorporate it into the car easy enough.

I'd like to take calls on the VehicleBT, so don't think I'd be able to be connected to both the VehicleBT and an audio device BT at the same time right?

Thanks again!

decromin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Thanks decromin! I had a visor clip on BT thing in my VZ which I could use.

I figure if I get an audio cable that isn't overly long with a 90deg plug I should be able to incorporate it into the car easy enough.

I'd like to take calls on the VehicleBT, so don't think I'd be able to be connected to both the VehicleBT and an audio device BT at the same time right?

Thanks again!

I think it depends on the device, but I know android supports simultaneous connections for phone and A2DP - it all depends on the bluetooth profile that the devices offer.

meloccom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
I'm in the same boat having purchased a 2009 VE SV6 ute on Tuesday.
I found JHP Vehicle Enhancements web-site that features stereo system upgrades.

Has anyone had experience with them?