Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 v6 probs

Notlim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Sedan
Hi all. I have been given this vehicle which has had a gut full of water, which was left standing for many many months. I have fixed the water problem which was a hell of a job and now it will not start. There is plenty of fuel and spark. The code reader states cat,o2s and hrt faults. Will these be the problem? The book does not give much info. Does anyone know how to get this beast on the road again. I am very frustrated. Thanks.

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
What work was exactly done to fix the water problem?

Have you checked all wiring to make sure there's nothing loose?

Have you checked for compression. If so what were the results?

What were the actual DTC's stored on the ECU?

Notlim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Sedan
Hi.

Thanks for your reply. The water problem was fixed by removing the fuel tank and thoroughly cleaning it, replacing the fuel pump, purging the fuel line and replacing all the injectors. All of the above were chockers with crap and the lines appeared to have algae in them.

I have been through all the connectors and can find nothing outstanding.

I did a compression check which was terrible and have had the heads overhauled and checked.
I haven't redone the compression check.

As this is my first encounter with a computer control system I am not sure. The read out is, which has a red flag are, Pd DTC 1, TDC 0, MIS tick, FUE tick, CCM tick CAT cross, Hcat zero with line through it, EVAP same as previous, AIR likewise, O2S cross, HRT cross, EGR zero with line.

The only other thing is a code PO521. More info is, since DTCs cleared which brings up an amber flag, MIL off, MIS n/a FUEL n/a, CCM ok, CAT n/a, HCAT n/a, EVAP n/a, AIR n/a, O2S n/a, HRT n/a, EGR n/a.

Hope this info will help.

Many thanks

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
I suggest you redo the compression test to make sure you have good compression. You said you have good fuel and spark so compression is next.

PO521 is related to oil pressure.

Has the oil pressure sensor been checked?

Is there oil in the engine?

Notlim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Sedan
Hi. I have redone the compression check and it is not good. There is plenty of oil in the sump. I'm not sure how to check the sensor so will go through the book again. Don't understand why the compression is not up to scratch. Will need further investigation. Thanks for your assistance.