Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 VE Anniversity Electric Window wont work

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
As the title says yesterday my 2008 VE Commodore Electric windows stopped working, yes all four including the two buttons on the rear door cards. The same happened 1 months ago but after 5 minutes they worked again but this time (have not tried this Morning) they are not working. There is NO CLICK (relay) no nothing.
Can someone tell me the Location of the fuse and the Relays because they are not under the Fuse/Relay box under the bonnet. Also the location of the Electric Window module.
Thanks

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s the location in the passenger footwell and the fuse panel above the battery in the rear.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
There’s the location in the passenger footwell and the fuse panel above the battery in the rear.
Yes I found the fuse box in the Passengers footwell and found a 20 amp fuse Power Windows in that location plus I found another 2 AMP fuse that is related to the pwr windows and both are ok, clean them but It must be something else what is causing the issue.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had an issue the other day with the switch in the Calais. When the drivers window switch had a sook and stopped working. The switch was broken too. Then the rear windows stopped working.
Had another broken switch that worked the back windows and the drivers window.
New switch went in. Non genuine. Brand new. Worked perfect again.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had an issue the other day with the switch in the Calais. When the drivers window switch had a sook and stopped working. The switch was broken too. Then the rear windows stopped working.
Had another broken switch that worked the back windows and the drivers window.
New switch went in. Non genuine. Brand new. Worked perfect again.
So you had a centre console 4 switches fail, or one part of it to fail but it effected all. Now did any window work including the back seats separates switches. I disconnect the battery, left it off for 40 seconds and put it back in a NO GOOD Still no windows

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enough for today, Did you prefer any ebay switch because I think there is a 2 brands, could be wrong.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
did you test voltage at both sides of fuses or visually determined they are good

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
did you test voltage at both sides of fuses or visually determined they are good
No that today job. Used the multi meter to verify the fuses (continuity) are ok and today I will remove the switch on the console that control's the windows and the mirrors. I have remove totally the passergers side KICK panel to give me more room to get in there. Are those two fuse (forgot what the other one was) one is for Electric windows are hey FUSES (20Amp) or Circuit Breakers because they are larger than a normal fuse

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
By the way ,,,, When I use the switchs on the 4 windows on the center consoI I don't hear a CLICK anywhere or i'm deaf, also I noticed a pair of wire with a connector coming from the top ( about 2MM wire) and not conneting to anything Only notice this when I fully removed the kick panel, needs more investigating.

ARGHHH checked last night the 4 switches for the 4 windows light up after I open the door

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
All windows worked. Then the drivers switch broke off. I tried to frankstien a good switch block from a previously broken switch. The drivers window function was actually broken. Then when I plugged it in, I couldn’t get the rear windows up. The other switch worked the drivers window but not the others. So I had to use both switches to get the windows up and it was dicky.

I bought a new Calais switch off eBay.

Im still waiting for it. So I went to a local wrecker who had some new ones for base model with red lights and black colour. Got it cheap. That’s doing the job with the trim off until the Calais switch arrives.

Reactions: Lex