Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 VE - Idle/starting issues.

KateC

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve Omega 60th Anniversary
Hey guys,

Hoping to wrack someone’s brain.

Have a 2008 VE (60th Anniversary) which threw the check engine light about a week and a half ago, threw the scanner on it and it gave me both P2187 & P2189. Cleared both the codes, however they haven’t come back yet (though haven’t driven it much, until I work out what’s going on)

Car drives fine, but if you stop at a set of lights it idles a little off and jerks forward (if that makes any sense) and also doesn’t like starting on occasion (very random not every time it’s turned off)

Plan is to take it to the shop (if nobody has any ideas), however hoping someone may be able to help & it not be an overly complicated fix.

Local mechanics are either out to rip you off or unreliable.

dfex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharger V6
When you say cleared the codes did you address the problems?
P2187 System too lean bank 1
P2189 System too lean bank 2
Sounds like a fuel related issue here
Have U got any dicey fuel lately?
I'd start with the fuel filter Throttle body and injectors
To clean injectors chuck a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank (unless they are too far gone)
I personally chuck a bottle of injector cleaner in every year
If You have never cleaned the TB there is a good chance it has been seriously neglected.
I've been having the same problems as OP so I'll give this a go. Have recently learned that the fuel filter is not as easy to access as it should be :mad::(