Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 VE Modifications

ljeff7

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SV6 Ute 60th Anniversary
Hey everyone,

I am looking to mod my 08 SV6 Ute 60 Anniversary 6spd but I'm not sure how to go with this or what to get. I am looking to buy genuine parts not untrustworthy products on Ebay. Yes i am an 18 year old and that means i am on my P plates. I'm not looking for power gains or any of that, i would just like a nice looking and a great sounding car. I'm not after something that will attract attention from the police but something that others will envy when observed. I want it legal!

I have a couple ideas on what I'd like but would like to know other peoples opinions.

Exhaust - No drone, great note, raspy and not to loud.
Brakes - I don't have an issue with the stock ones but i want something with a bit more kick.
Suspension - The stock ride height doesnt look good with the 20's i have purchased.. any ideas on what i should do? super lows?
HID's - yes or no?
Tyre's - Want more grip, i am currently running 255's on the rear and 245's on the front

Anything else that i should do?

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Exhaust 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 yes but it will most certainly drone on a v6
Brakes: realisticly the stock ones should be good enough but you could get some slotted rotors depends on your budget
Suspension: Superlows or get a good coilover set from like Pedders once again depends on your budget
HID's: Yes Yes Yes however i dont think these are street legal :/
Tyres: This is a interesting one for road use you shouldn't need more grip ( you shouldn't be going that fast ) however race cars will show you that more grip on a softer tyre will mean it has a crap life and you will be changing them all the time

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
hey mate as for the HID's they are illegal, as ur suposed to have auto leveling lights, butttt iif u are going to do them make sure u have projector lights (ssv come with them) otherwise you will blind everyone and deff get pulled over for it

Kenny23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Exhaust, go 2 1/2 inch. It'll give u a nice note with no drone.
Brakes, dont waste ur money on upgrading if u're not going for power. The factory ones should suffice.
HID, def look the goods but u will need projector lights to level the light otherwise u will blind other drivers coming from the opposite direction.
Suspension wise if u're on a budget, go super lows for front and ultra lows for rears for the ute. Pedders are good value for money.

Last edited:

showtime9

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV clubsport
wouldnt bother at all touching the exhaust

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Exhaust, hopefully NAAF will chime in here, one of his manta systems would sounds alright with the alloytec. Brakes check out the DBA range of rotors and some decent pads, GSL Rally Sport in the sponsor section will be able to set you up with these. Suspension wise super lows would probably be what you're after, should leave the guard around the top of the tyre, again GSL can help you here. As above you can go HID's if you want but you'll have to also buy projector lights, if not get yourself some Phillips Extremes, best non HID bulbs going around. For tyres go for the best you can afford, they are whats holding you to the road.

ljeff7

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SV6 Ute 60th Anniversary
Update:

I have lowered the car professionally by Pedders, looks great now!
I have also bought and had installed a 2 1/4 inch xforce catback, sounds great with no drone what so ever.
Also i have bought 4.11 diff gears but have not been installed, keen to get them in.