Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 VE SV6 Transmission Problem

kellett965

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi

I have a 2008 VE SV6. My problem is that when the car is coming down through gears
(mainly gears 3>1) it whines and you can hear sort of a hydraulic sound

second problem is sometimes when putting into gear from park to drive it stiff and when you put it into drive theres a loud bang.

third problem is when the car has not been used for about 3 days plus, it struggles to go, (it revs really hard) like reversing or going straight up my driveway you have to do a couple of run ups to get it to the top, but reversing is the worse . After about 5 mins of driving its fine.

it is under warranty.

all help appreciated

thanks

bernie_mac3377

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009
Hi, Have u found out what was wrong with your car? Im also having problems with my gears but its automatic... Only does it when u first start it. I can hear a whining noise or that hydraulic sound u were saying, but after a few minutes of driving it goes away... Have u taken urs to holden at all?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
if as you say its under warranty, get it to dealer asap.

it could just be low on tranny oil. because the problem goes away after 5min of driving, its my thinking that the 5min gives the gears enough time to get all lubed up due to the low levels when just sitting there.

Joel2211

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve holden sv6
I have a ve sv6 auto stuck in 1 gear reverse and park work but wont change into 2 3 4 and so on any ideas

Anhevius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Commodore Series II Omega Dual Fuel
Joel2211, please make your own thread instead of resurrecting one from 2011.