Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 ss ve check engine light

aliahmedsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SS 6.0 2009
2009 ss ve showing CHECK ENGINE\CONTACT DEALER light...

Hi everyone, i just bumped someone from the front after he hit sudden brake which left a black mark and a minor crack on my front bumper but after that the " check engine\contact dealer " showed up and and a yellow light on the left and the fuel needle has dropped down to empty, even i filled it up again but still showing empty.

Although i do not feel any sound or problem whatsoever while driving..any ideas...shall i drive it to dealer or must toe it...

Last edited:

aliahmedsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SS 6.0 2009
fyi...I DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY FOR LIKE 2 MINUTES TO TRY LIKE I READ ON ONE OF THE POSTS BUT STILL THE SAME MESSAGE...ALSO AFTER I RECONNECTED THE BATTERY I THINK THE CLOCK WAS SUPPOSE TO BE RESET BUT I DIDNT, IT SHOWED THE CORRECT TIME AND DATE ALSO, ALTHOUGH THE AUDIO SETTING WERE RESET....

aliahmedsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SS 6.0 2009
It seems like no has experienced this nor has any ideas about it....

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
It could be that a sensor or something has been affected by the shock of the collision. I had the same issue with a sensor or something similar previously causing the ESC to turn itself off now and then and it led eventually to me receiving the "CHECK ENGINE" message coming up.

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
It could be that a sensor or something has been affected by the shock of the collision. I had the same issue with a sensor or something similar previously causing the ESC to turn itself off now and then and it led eventually to me receiving the "CHECK ENGINE" message coming up.

sure i can see whats going on here
"nah officer i swear that my esc keeps turning itself on and off, thats why i put my car round that corner sideways" :p

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
leave the battery disconnected for longer it should be 20 mins to drain any left over power in the system. if it appears just drive to the deaaler

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
sure i can see whats going on here
"nah officer i swear that my esc keeps turning itself on and off, thats why i put my car round that corner sideways" :p

Out of the blue my check engine light come on and stays on and every time I take my foot off the accelerator to slow down or brake the ESP turns itself off and when i reach a certain speed it turns itself back on again beeping the whole time it is doing it. Or just stays off for X amount of kms and turns itself back on again. I am at my wits end with this, the beeping is driving me insane and I have to have the music loud just to drown the noise out. It has been doing it for a while now and Holden told me that as long as the engine light is not blinking there is no real issue. Well the "no issue" my car slid out badly. Turning ESP off on the console makes no difference as it just beeps away and flashes anyway. As soon as I turn the car on check engine comes up on display and the light stays on. How do I fix this??

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Out of the blue my check engine light come on and stays on and every time I take my foot off the accelerator to slow down or brake the ESP turns itself off and when i reach a certain speed it turns itself back on again beeping the whole time it is doing it. Or just stays off for X amount of kms and turns itself back on again. I am at my wits end with this, the beeping is driving me insane and I have to have the music loud just to drown the noise out. It has been doing it for a while now and Holden told me that as long as the engine light is not blinking there is no real issue. Well the "no issue" my car slid out badly. Turning ESP off on the console makes no difference as it just beeps away and flashes anyway. As soon as I turn the car on check engine comes up on display and the light stays on. How do I fix this??

I had the exact same thing happen. Refer to my post above.

A Holden service centre said it was something to do with a faulty sensor.

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
I had the exact same thing happen. Refer to my post above.

A Holden service centre said it was something to do with a faulty sensor.

How did you fix it? How much did it end up costing you?