Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 VE SS - "Contact Dealer - Stability Ctrl Off"

AFlanno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2009
Hey guys,

Got in the car this morning, turned on everything normal, did notice the petrol was low... No biggy, ill get petrol at lunch???

As I arrived at work, the needle dropped and engine turned off leaving me to roll into a carpark..

The dash is now displaying error: "Contact Dealer - Stability Ctrl Off"
I took a quick vid of it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsxdhchw270ugag/2013-10-21 08.20.14.mp4
When I go to start the car, the head-unit loses power also, car wont start

Any suggestions?

edit: I did have it in reverse to push the car into the center of the park, that when I recorded it.

UPDATE: Put 20L fuel in, still nothing - error still showing
Unplugged battery for 10 minutes - error gone, ESP still showing as off
Car still not starting, when I go to turn it over, the lights and radio etc all turn off until I stop trying to turn it over... Hopefully its just a battery.
Had it toed to the dealership, just waiting on them to call me and tell me what the issue is.

Last edited:

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Yes, sounds like a dead battery. Jump start the car and once it's running, check if the alternator is trying to charge the battery OK. If the alternator is charging, time for a new battery. In my experience, a weak battery can cause fault codes to be set, including the stability control, ESP and ABS.

blackwiddow

Reaction score
Members Ride
black 2007 holden ve sv6
Hey guys,

Got in the car this morning, turned on everything normal, did notice the petrol was low... No biggy, ill get petrol at lunch???

As I arrived at work, the needle dropped and engine turned off leaving me to roll into a carpark..

The dash is now displaying error: "Contact Dealer - Stability Ctrl Off"
I took a quick vid of it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsxdhchw270ugag/2013-10-21 08.20.14.mp4
When I go to start the car, the head-unit loses power also, car wont start

Any suggestions?

edit: I did have it in reverse to push the car into the center of the park, that when I recorded it.

UPDATE: Put 20L fuel in, still nothing - error still showing
Unplugged battery for 10 minutes - error gone, ESP still showing as off
Car still not starting, when I go to turn it over, the lights and radio etc all turn off until I stop trying to turn it over... Hopefully its just a battery.
Had it toed to the dealership, just waiting on them to call me and tell me what the issue is.

HELLO!! just signed up for this forum so im new i have a black ve sv6 2007 i have exacly the same problem as this car wont even try to crank batterys not flatt already gharged batter to full and tryied to jump it at holden at the moment they have scanned it and they are saying they are having trouble conecting to the emc or something. did you end up finding a fix to youre problem?? any help would be amazing. also i jsut got a new engine put in 20 mins before this happend to me,
engine has 116*** km on it and same thing it turned off and i roled to my house. but wont start now contact dealer abs light and stability controll is saying off.

blackwiddow

Reaction score
Members Ride
black 2007 holden ve sv6
hey have you found a solution to this problem my car is doing exactly the same thing a 2007 ve sv6 all same warning turned off and all everything exactly the same except mine happened after i just got a new engine put in this happen within 20 mins of leaving the place that did my engine. did you end up fixing your problem any help would be great and muchly appreciated i'm new to this forum first time on it so thanks guys and excuse my dumb questions witch im sure there will be plenty of them.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Other common fault that can cause these symptoms is the rear abs loom - attaches to the sensors of both rear wheels and is connected near the fuel lines on the drivers side - about a $50 genuine replacement part

blackwiddow

Reaction score
Members Ride
black 2007 holden ve sv6
Other common fault that can cause these symptoms is the rear abs loom - attaches to the sensors of both rear wheels and is connected near the fuel lines on the drivers side - about a $50 genuine replacement part

thank you so much i hope this is all it is. that would be great there does seem to be a mechanical kind of wining noise from the what seems to be coming fron the underside right under the rear middle set. holden are looking further into this.

DMACSTAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve
Hey I have the same problem with a 2010 ve omega car wont turn over or do anything but say contact dealer did you end up getting your car going, I had a scan tool hooked up to it, said that the ecu not communicating with bcm not sure what to do should I try a new battery...

antec800

Reaction score
Members Ride
g8 gt
hey guys I have the same problem with my g8 gt 6.0 car will not start abs and traction control lights on contact dealer fuel pumps disabled, I put in a brand new battery and checked all fuses still wont start, any updates?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
It makes little difference to the systems on modern cars if the alternator is putting out sufficient charge. The only way to accurately test the condition of your battery is to have it LOAD TESTED. Such test will indicate if one or several of the cells are on 'the way out'. Any half decent Auto Electrician or if a member of an Auto Club, their Patrols have appropriate equipment to perform such test on the roadside.