Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 ve ss sump gasket

NED1855

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss wagon
hi all just wanting to know how much of a bitch it is going to be to change the sump gasket on my09 ve ss. any help or info would be greatly appreciated thanks

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I don’t think it’s going to be a fun job!
I think I read somewhere here a long time ago about lifting the engine a little? Power steering will also be in the way. There are some cluey guys here, hopefully they spot this and chime in with the good advice!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
easiest will be to drop the front sub frame until u have enough room, or u have to lift the engine up enough at an angle to get sump low enough to clear the power steering and the oil pickup inside, not sure if u can move the power steering forward at all to help if u cant drop the frame but was real PITA on stands mine even with manifold removed was contacting tunnel and had to lower the back of gearbox just to get the angle right to be able to remove it, the whole issue is lowering sump enough for the pickup to come out of the baffling so it can be removed

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Fabricate an engine support that locates on the strut towers, then drop the K frame.