Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 ve ss - What i think of it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliahmedsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SS 6.0 2009
Just wanted to share and hear the comments...

The gas pedal response is slow, when i hit it, it thinks first then works, especially in normal drive mode.

The v8 6.0L sounds a lot, the car isn't that fast and figures for 0 - 100 km on websites is not correct, mine takes 6 seconds.

The default blue tooth microphone is in wrong place as others canot hear you clearly unless u raise ur chin and look towards roof....and is cheap because audio quality is very bad. A very cheap chinese lcd headunit with bt has better audio quality on bt mode paired with any device and sound is awesome.

The handbrake lever of such design was a dumb idea, its uncomfortable and not as affective and also loosens a lot.

The horn is not as agressive as the car itself, i luv the accord horn's sound also I had to replace it twice and now again one of them is off, cant say why and no more warranty?

The quad exhaust looks gr8 and makes a nice sound but not loud enough...lol

There is no a/c air coming in back seat foot area.

The seat belt alarm is annoying and doesn't shut up until u put it in.

The esp\traction is not so good when its raining.

Original key material is bad, shall be a flip key originally with a remote start like.

Side mirrors are not electric folding, a toyota corolla has it. lol

The stock car jack is the worst i have seen so far, especially this car is heavy so a better jack is required.

The stock headlight low beam is very low, especially for our city.

The rubber seals around the doors are not good quality as i can hear air coming in on high speeds and also within the city you can smell smoke and other odours from outside with all windows\sunroof and vent closed, this really kills me.

The a/c compressor makes a strange sound all the time and doesn't sound good.

Strange humming sound comes from under the car in the rear cabin on highways. Though its not that bad, feels like ur on a small plane.

Strange difference shudder sound coming from underneath while accelerating slowly in 2nd shift, dealer says its by default on all commodores, i don't buy that and gonna get it checked outside.

Rattling sounds from all over dashboard are very common on all commodores here, might be due to high temperatures here and low quality stuff.

Overall interior finishing is bad.

And I always wonder why they didn't;

Put a light in the dash or the ashtray, dash was a must ?
Install good speakers, head unit is all right though.
No xenon, this comes now with new chinese cars even...
The a/c air outlets don't close properly and dont move much upwards or downwards and when closed fully makes lots of annoying sounds.
Install front camera and rear also, front was a must as front bumper is low and scratches often while parking...atleast sensors would have helped

BUT ONCE I HIT THE GAS PEDAL ON SPORTS MODE I SAY " MOVE BIT.. GET OUT MY WAY " AND All OF THE ABOVE faults/missing e.t.c ARE OUT OF MY MIND, IM STILL LUVIN MY SS
icon6.png
icon10.png
icon6.png

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Small list, in before the sheep..

It's a Holden; deal with it.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Go do some saudi drifting.. :driving: no use complaining buy a camry...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Just wanted to share and hear the comments...

The gas pedal response is slow, when i hit it, it thinks first then works, especially in normal drive mode.
DBW. Not much you can do without a tune im afraid.

The v8 6.0L sounds a lot, the car isn't that fast and figures for 0 - 100 km on websites is not correct, mine takes 6 seconds.
6 seconds 0-100 on a stock, 4 door pushrod family sedan isnt too bad for the price you pay.

The default blue tooth microphone is in wrong place as others canot hear you clearly unless u raise ur chin and look towards roof....and is cheap because audio quality is very bad. A very cheap chinese lcd headunit with bt has better audio quality on bt mode paired with any device and sound is awesome.
Have you tried moving the mic for the factory unit?

The handbrake lever of such design was a dumb idea, its uncomfortable and not as affective and also loosens a lot.
It's an easy fix to tighten it. Also i disagree that it is a dumb idea. It's functional in its form.

The horn is not as agressive as the car itself, i luv the accord horn's sound also I had to replace it twice and now again one of them is off, cant say why and no more warranty?
Sand? It's a horn. If you're on it enough for its note to matter, get air horns ;)

The quad exhaust looks gr8 and makes a nice sound but not loud enough...lol
Go aftermarket.

]There is no a/c air coming in back seat foot area.
You could easily redirect the vents from the centre console to blow out air to the feet of the rear occupants. By taking the centre console out and running ducting etc. if it's that much of a worry.

The seat belt alarm is annoying and doesn't shut up until u put it in.
That's kind of the point.

]The esp\traction is not so good when its raining.
Better than not having any and finding yourself upside down in a ditch

Original key material is bad, shall be a flip key originally with a remote start like.
They changed the keypad material. It's $3 or something stupid like that for the hard plastic buttons.

Side mirrors are not electric folding, a toyota corolla has it. lol
Who needs them? It's not a Toyota Corolla.

The stock car jack is the worst i have seen so far, especially this car is heavy so a better jack is required.
The jack is rated. I've never had a problem.

The stock headlight low beam is very low, especially for our city.
Upgrade them to HID. I've never had a problem with them.

The rubber seals around the doors are not good quality as i can hear air coming in on high speeds and also within the city you can smell smoke and other odours from outside with all windows\sunroof and vent closed, this really kills me.
Hasnt killed you so far. How fast are you going at "high speed"? Have you got the HVAC on recirc?

The a/c compressor makes a strange sound all the time and doesn't sound good.
Get it checked out.

Strange humming sound comes from under the car in the rear cabin on highways. Though its not that bad, feels like ur on a small plane.
Exhaust drone? Tyre noise?

Rattling sounds from all over dashboard are very common on all commodores here, might be due to high temperatures here and low quality stuff.
I wouldnt call it low quality. You get what you pay for.

Overall interior finishing is bad.
Why buy it then?

And I always wonder why they didn't;

Put a light in the dash or the ashtray, dash was a must ?
The wiring is there for one.

Install good speakers, head unit is all right though.
It's a stock sound system
No xenon, this comes now with new chinese cars even...
Orly? It's not a chinese car.
The a/c air outlets don't close properly and dont move much upwards or downwards and when closed fully makes lots of annoying sounds.
Never had an issue.
Install front camera and rear also, front was a must as front bumper is low and scratches often while parking...atleast sensors would have helped
Helped what? Your inability to drive?

Did you bother to testdrive the car before you bought it? You've got ALOT of complaints. Either sell the car. Modify the car yourself. Or get over it and accept it for how it is.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
DBW. Not much you can do without a tune im afraid.

6 seconds 0-100 on a stock, 4 door pushrod family sedan isnt too bad for the price you pay.

Have you tried moving the mic for the factory unit?

It's an easy fix to tighten it. Also i disagree that it is a dumb idea. It's functional in its form.

Sand? It's a horn. If you're on it enough for its note to matter, get air horns ;)

Go aftermarket.

You could easily redirect the vents from the centre console to blow out air to the feet of the rear occupants. By taking the centre console out and running ducting etc. if it's that much of a worry.

That's kind of the point.

Better than not having any and finding yourself upside down in a ditch

They changed the keypad material. It's $3 or something stupid like that for the hard plastic buttons.

Who needs them? It's not a Toyota Corolla.

The jack is rated. I've never had a problem.

Upgrade them to HID. I've never had a problem with them.

Hasnt killed you so far. How fast are you going at "high speed"? Have you got the HVAC on recirc?

Get it checked out.

Exhaust drone? Tyre noise?

I wouldnt call it low quality. You get what you pay for.

Why buy it then?

The wiring is there for one.

It's a stock sound system
Orly? It's not a chinese car.
Never had an issue.
Helped what? Your inability to drive?

Did you bother to testdrive the car before you bought it? You've got ALOT of complaints. Either sell the car. Modify the car yourself. Or get over it and accept it for how it is.

i think the issue here is that hes paid alot for it and doesnt want to be paying out constantly to change stuff that holden should have got right in the first place.

I agree the interior is horrible and if i was paying 25k+ for that year model ss id expect it to be reasonably good especially considering they were what 54k new?

my little 02 s had a nicer interior than that standard AND not crap quality with that thin plastic and holey pourous dash that is impossible to get looking good without modifying it

As for the sluggishness, i agree , they do take ages to wind up and go without being in sport/ pwr whatever it is mode.
my mates standard 02 vy 5.7l ss goes alot harder than the new models and its nowhere near as 'advanced'

All i can say is , if i was paying that much for a newer model commy especially being that it has a "big tough v8" id expect it to be nice inside and out and not be lacking balls. You shouldnt have to spend money modifying the car to get it moving along how it should have in the first place.

But all that being said, maybe you just bought a lemon mate?
Also , a test drive helps before you buy a 'newish' car.
Probably wouldve picked up on all those things before you forked out the money

Al

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2
there's not much competition here in Australia,a lot of import models are not available here,plus the V8 supercar influence,people love holden it's cheap to maintain,lots of parts available.
but I say,lower import tax,bring in all the imports,2nd hand or new,I love my commodore,but if I was to buy a new car or a second car,I'd still like more options.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
easy to fix, sell it and buy a Ford.... i doubt you would be any happier though.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
You bought a second hand car? The majority of your list you should have easily picked up when test driving it and spoken to the dealer about getting repaired / adjusted / replaced BEFORE delivery, or adjusting the price to suit - either way then you would have been 100% happy with it before taking it home.... or chosen another car on the lot. I don't see the point of you buying a 'new' car then coming here to tell us how bad it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.