Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 ve ss - What i think of it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mksharma

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY12 SV6 SII - Heron White
I suggest a tune...

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
Maybe your standards are set too high for this car.

I have an SV6 and love every aspect of it. I got what I paid for.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Just wanted to share and hear the comments...

The seat belt alarm is annoying and doesn't shut up until u put it in.

The esp\traction is not so good when its raining.

Original key material is bad, shall be a flip key originally with a remote start like.

The rubber seals around the doors are not good quality as i can hear air coming in on high speeds and also within the city you can smell smoke and other odours from outside with all windows\sunroof and vent closed, this really kills me.

To stop all the startup beeps, put your seatbelt in first before starting the car.. Aahh its all quiet if you do that :) Somoene on here (sorry, forgot the name) said that you can unplug a white plug from around the drivers seat to prevent that annoying beep on startup. You can only wonder if that voids any legal issues if you are in a prang/injured etc though...

I've taken my car on a very wet skidpan and the ESP works. It was way more fun with it off :)

Flip key - buy one on line and have it sent to you (New Genuine) VE & WM FLIP KEY SOLD AS (1)

For the smoke odours, put the car in Pollution mode. To do this, hold down the recirc button until the screen says "pollution mode". Probably takes a few seconds for it to come up. That should solve that one for you.

aliahmedsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SS 6.0 2009
i don't like the looks of ford and we aren't lucky enough to have the whole range here, we only get v6 and v8 ss models only...il have to come to australia to enjoy the ute and ssv and hsv

aliahmedsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SS 6.0 2009
@RayLamp ......." For the smoke odours, put the car in Pollution mode. To do this, hold down the recirc button until the screen says "pollution mode". Probably takes a few seconds for it to come up. That should solve that one for you.;

I TRIED DIS BUT NOTHING DISPLAYS ON SCREEN EVEN UPTO 30 SECONDS, mine does not have the big screen though, its a ss not ssv....

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Sorry that didnt work. Perhaps you need the dual zone climate control for that function.

I think its around 5 seconds you need to hold down the recirc button. You didnt see anything on the screen?

I hope you can get that working because it does make a difference. If I am following a diesel truck or bus, it stops the smell of it coming in to the car.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
@Loaded Dice .... Mate i bought this car brand new, only 3 km driven from w/h to the showroom....atleast thats what the dealer told me...

um, the car is 3 years old, has 3kms on the clock and the dash rattles (and brake shudder and trans shudder and poor seals...) I think your car may have been delivered via the chop shop.

Just out of interest, how much did this car cost you? And what is the cost of the same model new over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.