Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 ve ss - What i think of it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliahmedsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SS 6.0 2009
@Loaded Dice .....the cash price for my 2009 was 36,000 AUD and i got it for 29,000 AUD in 2010, and 2010 was the last model here as they stopped importing commodores to enhance malibu sales...i dont get it, why though !!!

The car was driven 3 km and had these issues (trans shudder and poor seals and guess what they installed tires with 2007 production date which i noticed later when they started bubbling after 2000km and they did not replace them for me saying that they receive the cars from holden like that, now production date on car in sep2008 so i can understand but they shall change it for their repo and goodwill but they don't give a damn cuz no one questions them and i cant do a damn about it....

i just wish holden will open up their own complete setup here....

aliahmedsh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE COMMODORE SS 6.0 2009
RayLamp ....exactly, nothing came up on screen, the recirc button does work and i can hear the sound of vent closing but it doesnt close 100 % and dealer told me that by default on all GM cars, while closed it is still 10% open to avoid gas\heat filling up inside and avoid suffocation....lol

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Just wanted to share and hear the comments...

The gas pedal response is slow, when i hit it, it thinks first then works, especially in normal drive mode.

The v8 6.0L sounds a lot, the car isn't that fast and figures for 0 - 100 km on websites is not correct, mine takes 6 seconds.

The default blue tooth microphone is in wrong place as others canot hear you clearly unless u raise ur chin and look towards roof....and is cheap because audio quality is very bad. A very cheap chinese lcd headunit with bt has better audio quality on bt mode paired with any device and sound is awesome.

The handbrake lever of such design was a dumb idea, its uncomfortable and not as affective and also loosens a lot.

The horn is not as agressive as the car itself, i luv the accord horn's sound also I had to replace it twice and now again one of them is off, cant say why and no more warranty?

The quad exhaust looks gr8 and makes a nice sound but not loud enough...lol

There is no a/c air coming in back seat foot area.

The seat belt alarm is annoying and doesn't shut up until u put it in.

The esp\traction is not so good when its raining.

Original key material is bad, shall be a flip key originally with a remote start like.

Side mirrors are not electric folding, a toyota corolla has it. lol

The stock car jack is the worst i have seen so far, especially this car is heavy so a better jack is required.

The stock headlight low beam is very low, especially for our city.

The rubber seals around the doors are not good quality as i can hear air coming in on high speeds and also within the city you can smell smoke and other odours from outside with all windows\sunroof and vent closed, this really kills me.

The a/c compressor makes a strange sound all the time and doesn't sound good.

Strange humming sound comes from under the car in the rear cabin on highways. Though its not that bad, feels like ur on a small plane.

Strange difference shudder sound coming from underneath while accelerating slowly in 2nd shift, dealer says its by default on all commodores, i don't buy that and gonna get it checked outside.

Rattling sounds from all over dashboard are very common on all commodores here, might be due to high temperatures here and low quality stuff.

Overall interior finishing is bad.

And I always wonder why they didn't;

Put a light in the dash or the ashtray, dash was a must ?
Install good speakers, head unit is all right though.
No xenon, this comes now with new chinese cars even...
The a/c air outlets don't close properly and dont move much upwards or downwards and when closed fully makes lots of annoying sounds.
Install front camera and rear also, front was a must as front bumper is low and scratches often while parking...atleast sensors would have helped

BUT ONCE I HIT THE GAS PEDAL ON SPORTS MODE I SAY " MOVE BIT.. GET OUT MY WAY " AND All OF THE ABOVE faults/missing e.t.c ARE OUT OF MY MIND, IM STILL LUVIN MY SS
icon6.png
icon10.png
icon6.png

You"re not driving a 150k+ merc or BMW, the finish isn't going to be perfect, SS's/SSV's are a good value sports sedan so the finish isn't immaculate and you said it yourself...you still love it, so why come here and write an essay about how crap it is?

Most of the problems you"ve listed are pre-existing on previous models, sound system for example...no commodore has a good sound system from stock because that would add an extra 1-2k to the price-tag out of the factory. All these modifications you want would add up and you would end up paying 60k+ for a standard SS sedan.

Your List, My Solution

Handsfree - You said yourself a cheap BT headset will do the job better, so buy one.

Horn not aggressive enough - Chill out and don't get on the horn so much.

No A/C in back feet area - Big deal, cool the rest of the car down...not an issue.

Exhaust not loud enough - ..endless ammounts of aftermarket exhaust options.

Seat belt alarm - Probably saves more lives than you think, just buckle up and don't worry about it.

ESP/TC no good in the rain - Drive more carefully in the wet....simple common sense.

No Folding side mirrors - Folding side mirrors seem to be much more common on very small cars...they are for parking in alleyways in the city...a VE SS commodore wouldn't fit in 90% of those alleyways.

No Xenon - More costs. Chinese cars may have them because they are made in china...this would be more costs for Holden to import parts, perhaps the maker of holden lights is australian based?

Front/Rear Camera's - People were doing just fine for the last 80 years without them, be a better driver and there shouldn't be a problem, if you"re complaining about blindspots...you shouldn't because everybody is well aware of the lack of visibilty from inside a VE.

AND the biggest of all...0-100 in only 6 seconds? boo-hoo...life must be so hard for you, maybe it's the person behind the wheel and not the machine...we have a saying here in australia, not sure if you"ve heard it.

A Bad Tradesman Always Blames His Tools

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
WTF??? I can see out of mine just fine!

Blind spots...alot of them. I didn't mean it's like being inside a tank and you can't see anything.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Blind spots...alot of them. I didn't mean it's like being inside a tank and you can't see anything.

Blind spots? What? Where? I have no issues seeing out of my VE Sportwagon without any so called "blind spots". If you can move your head and eyes, and set you mirrors correctly, there's not even a need to so head checks.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Blind spots? What? Where? I have no issues seeing out of my VE Sportwagon without any so called "blind spots". If you can move your head and eyes, and set you mirrors correctly, there's not even a need to so head checks.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/41850-those-pillars-dangerous.html
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...s-about-details-ve-what-have-you-noticed.html
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/just-commodores-polls/157272-ve-ss-sedan-utility-you-vote-2.html

V Omega is one of the uglies cars in my opinion, rather be driven around in a VZ then an omega any day. Also VE have the blind spot between the front windscreen and the driver window

Its nice to know this from another driver/pedestrians point of view, thanks for pointing it out. I notice the same thing in my girlfriends Honda Jazz (stop lauging!). It has Massive A pillars, you cant see a thing when your turning corners (ie turning right, cant see what you're turning towards...)
Straight from a review on drive.com: The verdict: Commodore v Falcon - www.drive.com.au

"Our drive home through the Blue Mountains also highlighted one of the concerns with the Commodore's design - its windscreen pillars. Tight curves force the driver to move the head left and right, looking around the massive pillars. Of greater concern: we also momentarily lost sight of a pedestrian while cruising at walking pace up to a pedestrian crossing."

I'm not the only one to notice this! This is exactly what happened to me! And, I can understand what they mean by navigating tight curves.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL!!! That's hilarious. Can't help it if other people don't know how to drive! I have my car setup so there are no blind spots.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
LOL!!! That's hilarious. Can't help it if other people don't know how to drive! I have my car setup so there is now blind spots.

There is are there? lol, I'm sure you meant to say no...but how exactly did you set that up...did you cut your A pillars out of your car and replace them with glass?

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
There is are there? lol, I'm sure you meant to say no...but how exactly did you set that up...did you cut your A pillars out of your car and replace them with glass?

Way to misquote me...

People think the a-pillars create a blind spot? LOL!!! They're not that big. And personally when I drive, I don't lock my head, neck, body and eyes into one fixed position.

Status
Not open for further replies.