Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200kw na v6

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Mate, its more than possible, its actually not that hard....

But, you'll need to scrap the Buick V6. If you've got the cash get your hands on a Alloytec 190 with a 6 speed manual. You should be able to do the conversion for $5-6k, then a few internal upgrades and you'll be looking at around 250kw. Plus it will be very fuel economical and reliable.

A guy who used to be on here has a vz sv6 with 236 rwhp from extractors, twin 2.5in exhaust, 2 hole mod and a tune

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
what kinda rw kws what i be looking at with a vn v6 manual, with vr stage three ported heads, yella terra 70 throttle, pacemacker extractors, 215i hsv injectors, cai, stage three crow cam, chipped ecu ? say im getting about 200km/hr in low 4ft gear

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
So with a cam, port and polish etc 200rwkw isnt that hard to imagine.

you mean cams - the alloytec has DOHC. as for the heads, there's not alot more than a bit of a tidy up that can be done as they flow damn well already.
not too many people have done much more than just an exhaust and tune on the alloytec, its all still pretty new ground.
there's some boosted ones around though that make decent numbers.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
just remeber your doing a full rebuild, which will be trial and error, and a few visits to your local repco for a part you thought you didnt need.... with that 1800 on the stroker kit alone you could buy a 5 litre v8 with auto in good condition, fit a foam chip, exhaust and air filter and you'll have 200 kw at the motor, the differance is youll have the reliability of a stock motor and the torque to go with it...

v6's are a waste of time, who cares if you just want to be differant and beat a v8 with a v6, cause theres 4 cylinders that would beat the v6 and v8

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
As has been previously mentioned, I would suggest very simple mods that will make the car a little more responsive and leave it at that until you can legally drive a high powered car. Spending that kind of money on a 6 is a waste. Save it up, put it in a high interest bank account and use it to buy a car with a V8.

I have had experience with a mate wasting over $10,000 on an Ecotec V6 (remembering that ecotec has more power from stock and better flowing heads then the buick) and only end up producing 231.4 rwhp (172.6 rwKw) His VS was rebuilt with bored and decked block, nitride crank, fly cut over sized pistons, shaved and ported heads with stainless valves and heavy duty springs, custom cam, double row timing chain, removed balance shaft, injectors, modified intake manifold and plenum, bored throttle body, bored maf, injectors, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, extractors, exhaust, and custom tune.
Was a pig to drive, would surge sitting at lights, had a stupidly high idle when cold, and used more fuel then a 5L V8 (200kms to a tank of fuel) and had to use a bottle of octane booster with every tank of 98 octane fuel.

Needless to say he didn’t have it for long and was very unimpressed. Purchased a VX SS a short time latter and was a whole lot happier.

mws

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
look up the old formula holden motor specs they were based on the old buick V6, but they had different heads and fairly nuts internals. It's out of your price range to build a similar motor but could give you some do-able ideas.

Jase_81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 LPG
i hav already pulled the motor down and got a price on the 4.2l stroker kit $1800 so ill just give it a go and see what i can get its just a project 2 keep me busy while i have lost my licence and i would love 2 be able 2 beat v8's with a six

And after all your hard work you will lose your licence again. Dont waste you time and money wait until your off your P's and get a V8 or super 6

calaiscruzer

I drink beer, and I vote!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Atlas Grey VN SS
heads, cam, roller rockers, tune, rebuilt and flot top pistons,+other goodies will n you around 200kw at engine. Will cost $5k+ easily