Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200kw na v6

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
yeah it will happe with everyone telling me it cant be done it makes me wanna do it more so once i pay my very little debts off not lol i will be starting and see how i go ill keep it up 2 date

cant wait to finish it and get the final power figures

go for it man.. but my opinion would be dont have a power target

just trying and break into the 12's down the strip with a na

there is a few guy trying to do it with there ecotec's on sc

there getting really close too but there not quite there yet

nicko451

Nicko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 5Spd
Very well put, you will pour in thousands and then acheive a quicker than the average v6 but thats about it, nothing to WOW ppl.
Would be much cheaper to go forced, or puto sct in a V8
True!

Is there a reason u dont want to sc?? NA 200kw, you will still probably get beat buy an 8 with 180, u just wont have the torque with out NA!

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
ill definity run down the strip but the 200kw was just a target number 2 c if it could be done

and i cant go with a super charger because im on my p's well i was and i will be again one day so im not alowed any engine mods so thats why i want 2 go with the stroker 2 try go un noticed

nicko451

Nicko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 5Spd
yeah i am too! last time i checked it was power to weight ratio(125kw/1 tonne), has the rules changed?

galeryz213

galeryz213
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
It is 100% possible to get 200kw at the flywheel with a na v6, my car is currently at this stage. My car has a ecotec but still a holden na 6.

But to get 200rwkw is gonna cost you a s#% load if you wanna keep it na, but would be a sight to see

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
yeah i am too! last time i checked it was power to weight ratio(125kw/1 tonne), has the rules changed?

in NSW we can't hav ne engine mods at all im not even sure if u are aloud extractors i hope so cause thats the only thing are gunna get me on once the motor is complete

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
There was a very fast vn up mackay way a few years back and he had std crank and rods, massive head work (flowed to 350hp) and a custom monster throttle body 90-120mm. ThT IS JUST FROM MEMORY.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
You should talk to REV-231,

He's claiming 158rwkw without cam, stroker kit, or snail... :rofl:

Thats like 200fwkw + easy... :p:p:p

uteopia69

Reaction score
One of my mates has a VY v6 ute with 198 fwkw. It has twin throttles, haltec computer, cam, msd coils, it cost him about 5k in parts and lots of tuning. It does idel a bit rough and you do have to rev it pretty hard to get the power but it beats SS down the strip and cost nothing to insure.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
One of my mates has a VY v6 ute with 198 fwkw. It has twin throttles, haltec computer, cam, msd coils, it cost him about 5k in parts and lots of tuning. It does idel a bit rough and you do have to rev it pretty hard to get the power but it beats SS down the strip and cost nothing to insure.
All that money spent on a 6 when you could have bought a V8 with that power stock, hooray for common sense. :whistling