Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 Black SV6 SIDI

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
How did the diameter of the pipe work out for clamping onto your throttle body?
Do those growler kits have an oiled filter?

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
The inner diameter of the pipe is 102mm and the outer diamer of the MAF is...well to be honest I'm not sure, but pretty close to 102mm. A ring clamp is all you need to get a tight seal. The Growlers do have an oiled filter, which reminds me I should wash it and oil it up.

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
I had a oiled K&N filter on my old VT for a while.
Oil particles got on the MAF and caused it to give eratic readings.
Love your set-up, but there's no way i'll ever run an oiled filter again. Not worth it.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Yeah I know what you're saying...in fact now that I think of it, I'm not sure if the pod on a Growler even needs oil. I'll have to find out...

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Very nice man! I've seen your videos on YouTube before! I was interested in the same extractors and leaving the stock cats... Did you get yours ceramic coated? Did you have any problems with the stock Cat? And if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for installation? Feel free to PM me.

Flabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 VE Commodore
Very nice man! I've seen your videos on YouTube before! I was interested in the same extractors and leaving the stock cats... Did you get yours ceramic coated? Did you have any problems with the stock Cat? And if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for installation? Feel free to PM me.

I was just about to ask the same question as Atomic, If you could tell me all the details aswell if you're going to be giving Atomic the heads up that'd be great!

And again... Nice car! :)

Thanks buddy.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Cheers for the kind words blokes. I had the headers and X-Force resonators fitted by Ringwood Exhaust for $1600.

ShowStopperG

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Beast car mate! Looks mint...would definatley want to hear what it sounds like for a sv6 with the growler and headers :D