Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 Cruze 5spd Manual sticking in 5th gear

Skaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I'm hoping somebody out there has come across this before. 2010 Cruze 5spd manual gearbox. Keeps getting stuck in 5th gear. Something about a ball bearing becoming stuck or falling in the gearbox, that's all Iv heard as far as what it may be. Another bloke suggested a defective cable or cable mount.
Was gonna pull the gearbox and open it up but I thought Id try and get some advice in case I dont need to go that far
Thanks heaps guys

Last edited:

morry0

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VT Commodore Executive V6
I'm hoping somebody out there has come across this before. 2010 Cruze 5spd manual gearbox. Keeps getting stuck in 5th gear. Something about a ball bearing becoming stuck or falling in the gearbox, that's all Iv heard as far as what it may be. Another bloke suggested a defective cable or cable mount.
Was gonna pull the gearbox and open it up but I thought Id try and get some advice in case I dont need to go that far
Thanks heaps guys
Hi mate did you ever get this issue sorted? My wife’s Cruze has just got jammed in reverse and won’t budge,can’t find any info anywhere on what’s the cause?