Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 Engine stalling/stumbles on cold start

Becca83

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden barina 2012
Thanks Becca83, I will try the fuel, I have also been using 98 and have just filled up ( bummer). Could you please tell the dealership (I'm in Brisbane) you take your car to for a service. Then I can aim to take my Barina there too. Its due for a service in a couple of weeks.

MillsyMac we take our barina to Holden village motors at Redcliffe. It's spent around 7 weeks there in total over the last couple of years. Ben is the guy we usually deal with. Make sure you get the spark plugs tested as ours have been found faulty on several occasions. Good luck!

Jordan Pleavin

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979 torana
Hey guys just wondering if you had any luck at the Holden dealership to fix this problem ? I myself am a mechanic and have had this issue with my partners car (barina) I have cleaner the idle air control valve on the throttle body and this has fixed the problem

WaznGill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
G'day folks, I'm wondering what the final outcome was here? I have recently had similar problems with a customer's TK Barina, and long story short, it ended up being a failing Idle Speed Control Motor which finally seized.

Also, on a related issue, I also recently had an Astra in with similar problems, which turned out to be a failing fuel pump. Contrary to previous comments, it is possible (in fact quite common) for a fuel pump to die a slow painful death. It can take months of the car intermittently not starting or stopping for no apparent reason before the pump finally packs it in. Often, at the times when it won't start, if you slap the bottom of the fuel tank hard with your hand, you will find the jolt is enough to make the fuel pump start running - until you turn it off again. And these days, 9 times out of 10, I find that the owners of cars with failed fuel pumps (in fact, failure of any part of the fuel system) have been using either E10, or poor quality/contaminated fuel.