Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 FPV GT supercharged V8 ‘Coyote’ spied!

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
YouTube - Carsguide Road Test: HSV Walkinshaw Performance Clubsport

You mean that wasn't good enough? "It's a clubby on Steroids". Ford are answering to that? Now what's Holden going to do?

Knowing holden bring out another oversized CI engine? Fords new engine looks to be a 5 litre producing as much power and torque as the 6.2? Litre LS3. Ford are using their brains and producing smaller engines with as much power output, GM are still behind the times making bigger and bigger engines which just means more and more fuel.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Knowing holden bring out another oversized CI engine? Fords new engine looks to be a 5 litre producing as much power and torque as the 6.2? Litre LS3. Ford are using their brains and producing smaller engines with as much power output, GM are still behind the times making bigger and bigger engines which just means more and more fuel.

its great they are using motors and engineering for more power per cc, they only downside is they will always sound like a v6 on steroids, those ford v8's just dont have that v8 sound

to keep people happy, ill claify, what i said above relates to the quad cam v8's ie boss 5.4L

Last edited:

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
its great they are using motors and engineering for more power per cc, they only downside is they will always sound like a v6 on steroids, those ford v8's just dont have that v8 sound

i think the old 5l's sound better than the current ls engines.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
only downside is they will always sound like a v6 on steroids, those ford v8's just dont have that v8 sound

Funny that.
I seem to remember a Holden (or was it HSV??) tv commercial a few years ago with an awesome sounding V8..........
That awesome sound actually came from an AU TS50, not the Holden (or HSV?) the ad would like you to think it came from.

B.S you might say - head on over to Australian Ford Forums - powered by vBulletin and ask LAMINGE all about it - it was his AU TS50 they recorded the sound from.

So, yeah, Fords will always sound like a V6 on steriods wont they :whistling

good to see more factual postings instead of one eyed bias B.S.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Funny that.
I seem to remember a Holden (or was it HSV??) tv commercial a few years ago with an awesome sounding V8..........
That awesome sound actually came from an AU TS50, not the Holden (or HSV?) the ad would like you to think it came from.

B.S you might say - head on over to Australian Ford Forums - powered by vBulletin and ask LAMINGE all about it - it was his AU TS50 they recorded the sound from.

Cool story bro. Though if you read peoples posts they are saying that the current generations of engines sound like V6s... the AU TS50's had the Windsor 5L / 5.6L V8's which I and many will agree did not sound like a V6. Newer Fords have the BOSS 5.4L and Holden using LS series which sound like a V6

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Funny that.

i should clarify, the quad cam boss motors, my bad

i do know the ford forums quite well, talk about one eyed B.S

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

lol, from personal experience owning both engines, an exhaust only boss 5.4 sound 10X better than an exhaust on LS1.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, from personal experience owning both engines, an exhaust only boss 5.4 sound 10X better than an exhaust on LS1.

must be bad exhausts on the ones in town then, i cant say they dont sound meaty but just have that v6 sound about them - well the ones ive heard, i guess it comes down to what you want to spend, i know mine dosnt sound great with having the ls1 twin on mine, but being free the price was right

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z

:thumbsup:

my brother inlaws bf gt sounds pretty meaty with a new twin exhaust
def better sound then an ls1 with zorst as said