Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 FPV GT supercharged V8 ‘Coyote’ spied!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
2010 FPV GT supercharged V8 ‘Coyote’ spied!

A deafening whine made the ears of our spy photographer prick up, that deafening whine was the sound of a supercharged V8 Falcon.

Before the car scurried off into the distance, our photographer was able to snap some shots of what could possibly be Ford’s latest attempt at slaying Holden’s HSV offerings.
With over 60 per cent of FPV sales leaning toward the V8 engine, FPV has been desperately in need of an engine capable of taking on the ever expanding offerings from HSV.

Up until now, Ford haven’t attempted to do anything too serious to the current 5.4-litre ‘BOSS’ V8. The reason behind the delay is the impending Euro4 emissions cut-over, due on July 1 next year. The current BOSS V8 will not meet the Euro4 standards, meaning there is little point doing any further work on it.

superchargedfpvgtho-480x176.jpg

superchargedfpvgtho2-480x361.jpg

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
thats very interesting!...funny tho that they go for a supercharged v8..wonder if holden will go for it aswell from stock?

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
is this the answer to the supercharged clubby???? i wonder what the power figgures are.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I am dying to see this new engine in the car, from all reports of the new compliant V8, it is going to be a killer. Was discussing some of the power figures with a friend who works in the engine department, word is the XR8 will come out with a moderately tuned 310kw while the fpv could be as high as 350kw. What he refused to tell me is if they are going back to a single OHC or using one of the new blocks and assembling a Double OHC on site here. Certainly looking very interesting for Ford next year, regardless, smaller engine, great power output, has to be a win.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
It may interest to know that the supercharger has been in testing since the BF series 1 on the current 5.4L engine.
So theres a fairly good chance it will be an option on at least the FPV model.

roon_VR

VR executive Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8 V6 executive SII VR
I am dying to see this new engine in the car, from all reports of the new compliant V8, it is going to be a killer. Was discussing some of the power figures with a friend who works in the engine department, word is the XR8 will come out with a moderately tuned 310kw while the fpv could be as high as 350kw. What he refused to tell me is if they are going back to a single OHC or using one of the new blocks and assembling a Double OHC on site here. Certainly looking very interesting for Ford next year, regardless, smaller engine, great power output, has to be a win.

Wow that's really interesting i must say.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual

And alloy block so less weight over the front wheels for better handling

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
maybe holden/hsv will release that supercharged ls2 that the brits are seeing.
i think it's in a v8 clubby r8, puts out 397kw.