Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 Pontiac G8 Manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
UPDATE:

I lost my licence so I won't be doing anything to the car for the next 6 months.

:-(

Screwed up, made the wrong decision and now I have to pay with my licence.

To clarify... I clicked "Like" because I like the part where you admit you screwed up and are paying the price as opposed to whinging about being hard done by. Kudos mate!

Remember, 6 months isn't a long time in the scheme of things and just learn from this lesson. I.e. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
UPDATE:

I lost my licence so I won't be doing anything to the car for the next 6 months.

:-(

Screwed up, made the wrong decision and now I have to pay with my licence.
Sucks to hear that mate. I lost my license for 3 months a few years ago, 30km/hr over the limit. It was 3 in the morning but it was still a stupid thing to do, and I paid when I had to ride a pushbike to and from work, 1 hour each way for 3 months. All my mates said I should just keep driving and hope I don't get caught, but I did the right thing. It was made even harder by the fact my GF doesn't drive, so our grocery shopping was done via train or taxi each week.
Just do the right thing, don't drive, and I guarantee you will learn a lesson from it. I used to speed all the time and I reckon I've only exceeded the speed limit a dozen times since losing my license a few years ago, only if I'm not actually watching the speedo, and never much more than 10km/hr over the speed limit. You learn to appreciate the privilege of driving when it's taken away.
But it doesn't mean you can't do anything to the car while your license is gone. It's off the road for 6 months, so you can go stupid pulling it apart and modding things without having to worry about driving it the next day while it is still in pieces on your garage floor. ;)

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
I was doing an absolutely stupid speed and the cop thanked me for stopping because he knew he wasn't going to catch me if I didn't stop. :cops:

I think that's the only reason why I didn't get arrested and my car taken.

I won't be posting numbers on here, it may be a good number but it was a very stupid mistake and had it not been on a road that's rarely used with no other cars on it at the time I would've put them in harms way with my stupid choice. :banstick:

And I had just spent $600 on a new VCM intake that I installed 15 minutes before getting caught speeding.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
It cracks me up the saying about Pontiac going bust.

GM closed the Division because Uncle Sam told them to do so.
What would you do if the one handing you a check tells you to downsize?

Actually in the US market, Pontiac was outselling Buick for more than 2 to 1.
On the US roads you can see more Pontiac than Buick any time of the day even after canning the division for few years.

The only thing that saved Buick's bacon was China.
For some odd reason the Chinese loves their Buick and the only market Pontiac had was the US alone, Buick has 2 at least.
When it came to bean counters on paper looked like Buick was selling more; so the US Gov told GM to lower the numbers of divisions and that is how Pontiac got shelved.

To be honest; Pontiac was going back in the way was supposed to be and thanks to the Aussies the division was aimed to its original roots.

The history of Pontiac is about been the GM rebels/bad-boys. The division created a lot of interesting designs like the 1st GM car with a rear transmission, rope drive, inline 6 with OHC, 4 cyl made form a V8 (weird design), etc. At one point the GM brass saw Pontiac as a thread to Chevrolet, specially the Corvette with the Banhsee XP-833 concept car.

1964-pontiac-xp-833-banshee-prototype_100321457_l.jpg

Last edited: