Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 Pontiac G8 Manual

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
Picked up my new car today. :yahoo:
I finally joined the 6.0L club with this Wildfire G8

Its a 6 Speed manual.

Plan on taking off the Holden badges and fixing it up with Pontiac badges.

Mods so far
-Amp and Sub (Alpine Type R)
-Speakers replaced with an amp to run them
-Dynamat EVERYWHERE
-K&N Filter
-VCM OTR Intake

Mods to come
-Extractors
-HiFlow Cats
-Heated seats
-G8 Dash Cluster
-Cams
-Tune

I will add more photos to the thread as I do more to the car

Attachments

• Amp install.jpeg
    Amp install.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,148
  • Back left.jpg
    Back left.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 706
  • Back Right.jpg
    Back Right.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 1,466
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 697
  • Boot prior.jpg
    Boot prior.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 658
  • Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,031
  • Drive home back left.jpg
    Drive home back left.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 660
  • Drive home back.jpg
    Drive home back.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 640
  • Drive home bonnet.jpg
    Drive home bonnet.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 729
  • Drive home front.jpg
    Drive home front.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 648
  • Drive home left.jpg
    Drive home left.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 600
  • Drive home right.jpg
    Drive home right.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 612
  • Drive home!.jpg
    Drive home!.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 591
  • Dynamat back shelf.jpeg
    Dynamat back shelf.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 743
  • Dynamat rear door.jpeg
    Dynamat rear door.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 736
  • Fron right.jpg
    Fron right.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 723
  • Front 3.jpg
    Front 3.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 614
  • Front left.jpg
    Front left.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 636
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 767
  • Inside back.jpg
    Inside back.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 602
  • Inside driver 2.jpg
    Inside driver 2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 658
  • Inside Driver.jpg
    Inside Driver.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 645
  • Inside left.jpg
    Inside left.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 588
  • Night time drive.jpg
    Night time drive.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 574
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 636
  • Sub.jpeg
    Sub.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,087
  • Sunroof.jpg
    Sunroof.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Looks amazing man! Really mint pickup!

I love that colour...Black rims would set it off!

2 Ve's? Lucky man!

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Very nice, liking the colour.
Didn't take you long to have it in bits, did it?

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Herbie, I'll be honest, you seem to have been to-ing and fro-ing about what car to get for a few weeks and I was wondering if it would happen at all. But you finally bit the bullet and I think you made the right decision! :spot on:
That is a beautiful colour, and the sub installation is awesome. Whoever did that is a damn genius.
After owing my Voodoo blue G8 ute for a couple of months, I'm really getting sick of those orange reflectors on the bumper and considering painting them, but on yours those front bumper reflectors really blend in with the colour nicely.

Only thing, I could have sworn the SSV spec. edition G8's were only 2009? Did someone just pay for the upgrade kit with this one?

Either way, who cares. If I hadn't been set on getting a ute, I totally would have outbid you for this sedan. ;)

Last edited:

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Herbie, I'll be honest, you seem to have been to-ing and fro-ing about what car to get for a few weeks and I was wondering if it would happen at all. But you finally bit the bullet and I think you made the right decision! :spot on:
That is a beautiful colour, and the sub installation is awesome. Whoever did that is a damn genius.
After owing my Voodoo blue G8 ute for a couple of months, I'm really getting sick of those orange reflectors on the bumper and considering painting them, but on yours those front bumper reflectors really blend in with the colour nicely.

Only thing, I could have sworn the SSV spec. edition G8's were only 2009? Did someone just pay for the upgrade kit with this one?

Either way, who cares. If I hadn't been set on getting a ute, I totally would have outbid you for this sedan. ;)

The special colours like Wildfire were made in 2010, February to be exact. I have the build print out and the option codes from the original owner.
Turns out I got the last one made, makes me rather happy. :spot on:

The colour on the carsales picture looks a bit ehh but once I saw it in person I just couldn't buy any other car.

The sound system was done by ProLink Solutions in the city, they have been absolutely amazing. Took three or so days to make a custom fibreglass box, install all the speakers, amps, sub, tweeters and dynamat the entire car.
They had 2 guys working on my car the whole day everyday.
A+++ on quality and customer service.

Only problem was I got a faulty sub(not their fault) so I have to drive a few hundred kilometres to them to get the replacement sub.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
I'm not trying to sh** on your parade, and I will admit I knew nothing about Holden's before I bought mine recently, but aren't the Holden SSV G8's meant to come with the Pontiac rear diffuser as well? Or is it just the front end?
I've got a ute, so obviously the rear was straight up Holden parts. But either way I only wanted the G8 front end. I love the SS front, but it seems like every 10th car is a VE SS these days, so I wanted something different.
Oh, btw, you should put HID's in those reflector headlights. They look amazing on my ute, I've never been flashed by oncoming traffic for having bright headlights, and I've never once used the high beams yet. They are awesome.
edit: now I'm confused because I see some G8's with solid plastic diffusers, and some with the mesh like yours. I am admitting I know nothing of commodores. (apart from loving my own one :driving:)

Last edited:

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not trying to sh** on your parade, and I will admit I knew nothing about Holden's before I bought mine recently, but aren't the Holden SSV G8's meant to come with the Pontiac rear diffuser as well? Or is it just the front end
Nah, the rear was Holden standard not the G8 diffuser. Have to jump online and buy one, the G8 ones are amazing, my partner wants one on her SV6

Oh, btw, you should put HID's in those reflector headlights. They look amazing on my ute, I've never been flashed by oncoming traffic for having bright headlights, and I've never once used the high beams yet. They are awesome.
I was looking at them on Fleabay but have no idea how I'd go about explaining it to the police. ;)
Living in a country area they don't have much to do so they're always on the watch for things to defect.

edit: now I'm confused because I see some G8's with solid plastic diffusers, and some with the mesh like yours. I am admitting I know nothing of commodores. (apart from loving my own one :driving:)
I think that's just people who have bought the diffuser from JHP to make it look better.

Edit: Honestly, Holden just wanted to give the cool looking front bar to Australian customers.
They sold out, not that long after Pontiac died so Holden needed to get back some of the money so they sold the front to people for $1,000 as an extra.

The option codes and letter from the Holden dealer say that it's legit and unless they're lying it's the last one but I doubt they'd lie about that.
Just think; a dealer that managed to get one ordered and then told by Holden "No more, that's the last one" would want to make sure they advertise that to the guy that bought it. (He said he was on the waiting list for months for the Wildfire WITH a sunroof, they made a big deal when they got it in for that reason)

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Real nice...!

I wish you had the Red and Black seats like I have on my GT.

In the US the plain G8 is the V6
The 6.0 was only Automatic. Some came with Sunroof, others with Red/Black seats, some with 19in or 18in wheels.
The GXP has the Corvette engine (6.2L LS3) and had a choice of Auto or Manual. Also had different rear gearing, different rims, Brembo brakes, suspesion and of course GXP logos and crap of that nature.

The other was the SLP modified and called the Firehawk that was a modified GT.
I believe they were some GXPs as well.

One of the most annoying things in the Auto transmission is the Shifter.

Who in their stupid mind decided to change the Manual Mode from Pulling + and Push - (Holden version) to Pulling - and Push + (on Pontiac version) :bang:

Is so counter intuitive.

Bough the Aussie Shifter and is in my garage waiting to be installed. Pitched the idea few years back in the G8 Board forum and some members already done it.
They report that is way better than the US version and works wonders as I was suspecting :)

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Real nice...!

I wish you had the Red and Black seats like I have on my GT.

In the US the plain G8 is the V6
The 6.0 was only Automatic. Some came with Sunroof, others with Red/Black seats, some with 19in or 18in wheels.
The GXP has the Corvette engine (6.2L LS3) and had a choice of Auto or Manual. Also had different rear gearing, different rims, Brembo brakes, suspesion and of course GXP logos and crap of that nature.

The other was the SLP modified and called the Firehawk that was a modified GT.
I believe they were some GXPs as well.

One of the most annoying things in the Auto transmission is the Shifter.

Who in their stupid mind decided to change the Manual Mode from Pulling + and Push - (Holden version) to Pulling - and Push + (on Pontiac version) :bang:

Is so counter intuitive.

Bough the Aussie Shifter and is in my garage waiting to be installed. Pitched the idea few years back in the G8 Board forum and some members already done it.
They report that is way better than the US version and works wonders as I was suspecting :)

I'm glad you love them as much as we do over here. :) I'm looking for a Pontiac airbag cover for the steering wheel and also the front of the head unit as they're better looking over there.

This is a G8 GT but manual. I've had it for a day and already put in a K&N air filter until I get the OTR intake.

I'm loving it, only done I think it'll be close 20,000 miles. Not too sure how many km are in a mile but it's done 35,000kms.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
They started rolling the G8s out here in MY09/MY9.5.

After Pontiac went bust, they rolled them out into MY10 as well.

They didnt have the rear diffuser. But, costs 90 bucks from Holmart.It was just the front bar and the bonnet that they adapted.

Really wish they went the whole hog.