Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 Red VE Sv6 Ute

thfchayden

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 UTE
So picked up my first ever car a few weeks back and have been getting 'into cars' ever since. I don't know anything about cars really but have been doing a lot of reading here and on the internet in general. I want to get stuff done to my Ute but don't know what so any suggestions highly appreciated, was thinking an exhaust system would be a good place to start as it has no sound at all! Also probably going to debadge it. I understand V6's cop a lot of **** here but I am a P plater for the next 2 years and it's my first ever car so I am over the moon with it.

It's a 2010 automatic, 3.6L, SIDI, VE Sv6 Ute. After I'm off my P plates, I will most definitely get a V8 manual but for the next few years this will be my pride and joy. It has done just over 90km's.

It came with the hard lid and also a soft cover which is handy. Also came with a reverse camera which is also great as I've noticed it's quite hard to see out the back with the hump in the lid.

Here are some photos, I haven't done anything at all to it since buying it. The pictures keep coming out dull, car looks a lot more red and shiny than it does in the photos. Phone camera is awful.

5YeZwmw.png

bT5yLrw.png

bR1YeOj.png

Last edited:

oky

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 sv6. my12
Hi the best mods for you to do is a 2.5 cat back exhaust about $700 on EBay. a orsom OTR about $580 from Mace performance and a mace 13mm intake spacer. $150 Then a custom performance tune. I had Steve at Oztrack NSW do mine remotely and he done a good job of it. $700 and $100 for the Auto trans. You should get around 190rwkw or more. That will make a huge difference You will eat the older V8s and ford xr6s non turbo no problems

thfchayden

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 UTE
Hi the best mods for you to do is a 2.5 cat back exhaust about $700 on EBay. a orsom OTR about $580 from Mace performance and a mace 13mm intake spacer. $150 Then a custom performance tune. I had Steve at Oztrack NSW do mine remotely and he done a good job of it. $700 and $100 for the Auto trans. You should get around 190rwkw or more. That will make a huge difference You will eat the older V8s and ford xr6s non turbo no problems

Cheers for the reply mate. I want to try and do stuff myself but do you think with something like this I'd be better off getting it professionally done? I want to do all the interior stuff myself though.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice first car congrats.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Your doing well for a first car mate. I wouldn't worry to much about V6's or P Platers getting picked on, it's more so the member that has a poor attitude and think's he/she knows everything that get picked on. And unfortunately the majority of them are P Platers.

I know someone mentioned performance mods above but just be wary that being a P Plater you can get in trouble of the Po Po if you get caught out. That's your discretion though.

The pictures might look a little dull because it looks like they were taken on dusk in overcast weather. Could also be the camera you are using. Try taking some more on a sunny day and see how they turn out.

Good luck with it and don't hesitate to ask for advice if you need it.

thfchayden

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 UTE
Your doing well for a first car mate. I wouldn't worry to much about V6's or P Platers getting picked on, it's more so the member that has a poor attitude and think's he/she knows everything that get picked on. And unfortunately the majority of them are P Platers.

I know someone mentioned performance mods above but just be wary that being a P Plater you can get in trouble of the Po Po if you get caught out. That's your discretion though.

The pictures might look a little dull because it looks like they were taken on dusk in overcast weather. Could also be the camera you are using. Try taking some more on a sunny day and see how they turn out.

Good luck with it and don't hesitate to ask for advice if you need it.

Yeah I will definitely get some new pictures next time it's sunny (**** weather lately haha). I appreciate the support.

I don't think many people will be interested about my newbie progress but I'm going to keep this updated with everything I do just for my own pleasure and viewing I guess.

thfchayden

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 UTE
I want to plastidip some parts of the interior and get some lights inside, do you think it would look stupid if I used a colour other than red?

thfchayden

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 UTE
Great looking first car man :p

Re the interior, personally I think it would yes, this picture shows a way to go about it.

The ute is Perfect Blue, and so the interior was colour coded blue, looks quite smart IMO :)

Link to this guys thread: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/191885-my-perfect-blue-sv6-ute.html

Yeah man, that is where I got the inspiration haha. His ute is crazy good. Is there any good videos or guides on how to do this?

Also those pedals look really good, I'm going to get some myself.

Cheers for the reply.