Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 SSV Redline Sportswagon With No Problems Issues or Concerns At All

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
As a VE Series 2 owner and an avid reader of posts on this site (got to pass away the wee hours while on tour) I worry that my near perfect VE is abnormal as there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. No broken bits, no misbehaving computers, no underperforming engines, gearboxes, tyres or stereo systems. I still get a great ride. I still get good performance and good mileage when I want it. Except when my lead footed wife is behind the wheel exercising her divine right to get to the next set of traffic lights before everyone else. Keep up the posts everyone and every now and then cheer me up by saying something nice about your VE. Pleeeeease.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
it must be a wagon thing, as mine's had no dramas at all. granted only has ~7k on it. as for the fuel mileage comment wtf is fuel economy in a v8.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Ay I'm with you guys.

Bought mine at 20,000km and now it's up to 75,000km and the only complain I have is the LED lights in my HSV gauge pods on the dash have blown (gauges all work). No issues, dramas or anything to worry about.

With that said dads spat a IQ system when a software update was done at 14,000kms

Love the VEs and will probably buy another if I ever get the chance

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
As above here too,has not missed a beat,love the car and everything it does so far...very similar k's to RX-2 however lol

also dgaf about fuel economy,i save some juice when cruising at 110/120 ish in 6th gear..chew it up in the short trips :smoking:

SSVSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV SE L76
mine has only ever had to have a rattly cat done under warranty , its Gr8 ! :boxing:

probly jinxed it now..naaa but secretly i touch some wood,
noo not that .

Last edited:

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
never put a spanner on her except for mods and a rattly console,84k on the clock, series 1 2006 VESS

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I think the vast majority of owners have no real issues, over and above normal maintenance. As most people only speak up when they have a gripe, i.e. all the happy punters are too busy to get on here and tell us all that they have no complaints with their VE. I've owned a few VE's and now the VF, and I rate them as the best value proposition available, IF the car suits your requirements. My employer has probably had in excess of 100 VE's over the years and very few issues.
It's interesting to compare the whole of life cost of a Commy or Falcon (especially the LPG variants) to imports including Subbies, many Toymota's and Mazda's etc. You'd be surprised how often the Aussie's come out on top.

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
60,000km's on my SSV ute now

58,000 of them on Caltex Eflex

Not a single issue

well only one is where the bolt holding my OTR came out, rubbing against the condensor and hence needing replacement.

knock on wood, been a faultless reliable and fun car to own.

you find with forums for every person with issues, there are 10 with none at all.

TAS1981

Reaction score
60,000km's on my SSV ute now

58,000 of them on Caltex Eflex

Not a single issue

well only one is where the bolt holding my OTR came out, rubbing against the condensor and hence needing replacement.

knock on wood, been a faultless reliable and fun car to own.

you find with forums for every person with issues, there are 10 with none at all.

Sounds like user error only then! :whistling:

No issues either here.... not yet tinkered with it though...expecting a CEL when I throw on the new catback and VCM OTR as well though! (Even though its a MAF one I think it will eventually throw a code).

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
VE SS ute here with a few extra fun bits installed (its basically a SSV now without the badge with 330 KW@RW)
no real issues other than an ABS sensor failed on the left wheel

Oh there is one small problem cant seem to get the rear tyres to last very long :driving::devil::rofl2: