Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 SV6 Series II - Newbie question

CommodoreCol

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Commodore SV6 Series II Sportwagon
Hey.

Stupid question, I know :oops:

However, I just purchased a 2010 SV6 Series II and cannot figure out for the life of me what this light is (centre of console near window, in front of middle speaker) -

1660348661.png

CEqhZZisC2sPvAHc9

I assume it is the alarm/immobilizer..However it is not flashing when the car is locked. How do I know the Alam is definitely on?

Any help would be appreciated as old Bessie (1988 VN with only 80,000k on the clock) got pinched/declared a write off. So I want to ensure my new baby is safe :)

Any other general hints and tips would be appreciated (it is a sportwagon)

Cheers all ;)

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Hey.

Stupid question, I know :oops:

However, I just purchased a 2010 SV6 Series II and cannot figure out for the life of me what this light is (centre of console near window, in front of middle speaker) -

View attachment 207294
CEqhZZisC2sPvAHc9

I assume it is the alarm/immobilizer..However it is not flashing when the car is locked. How do I know the Alam is definitely on?

Any help would be appreciated as old Bessie (1988 VN with only 80,000k on the clock) got pinched/declared a write off. So I want to ensure my new baby is safe :)

Any other general hints and tips would be appreciated (it is a sportwagon)

Cheers all ;)
From what I can recall, it’s the sensor for the automatic headlights. It will turn your headlights on automatically when minimal light is present.

CommodoreCol

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Commodore SV6 Series II Sportwagon
From what I can recall, it’s the sensor for the automatic headlights. It will turn your headlights on automatically when minimal light is present.

Ah-ha! That makes sense.

Cheers matey

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It is a sunlight sensor. It forms part of the ac system. I can provide more info if you want relating to its specific functions in the ac / hvac system.

It might also provide data for headlights too via the BCM. The previous model VZ has one in the same spot under a flat panel.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This is the exact details.
It's called a "Solar Load Sensor".

"The Solar Load Sensor is located in the defrost panel of the crash pad.
The sensor body houses two solar sensors, one for the passenger side and one for the driver side of the vehicle interior.
These sensors are positioned at an approximate angle of 40 degrees so the side windows are also covered for solar load changes.
A twilight sensor for automatic headlamp function is also contained in the solar sensor body."

Last edited:

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
A twilight sensor for automatic headlamp function is also contained in the solar sensor body."
Its also connected to the door switch to stop your interior light coming on until dusk