Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 sv6 sidi unusual transmission behaviour

l.k.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sidi sv6 2010 1988 vl vacationer
at about 28000 ks doing bout 90kph pulled out to overtake put foot down (not to the floor, tho) it seemed to lose drive (like it went into neutral) revs went through the roof. i pulled back into my lane and the car was all ok again. no more trouble til 30000ks doing bout 90kpa again, took foot off accelerator to let another car merge still a little fast so moved foot over to the brake may have got foot onto it but no real pressure on it, at that point seemed to lose drive again and revs would have shot up at least 1000rpm (foot was no where near accelerator) when this happens, it is extremely sudden, reminescent of an old manual box jumping out of gear while the accelerator pedal is depressed.holden nz and the dealership i purchased it from reckon they havent come across the problem before (and seem rather dis- interested. the warranty expires in a couple of months)

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
By an obd scanner and look for a fault if there is one take it straight to Holden and get a an agreement in writing that this fault was lodged during warranty period and there for is covered of it happens again after warranty expires, but I guarantee when you ask this they will look at it seriously and probably replace the transmission.

l.k.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sidi sv6 2010 1988 vl vacationer
what is an obd scanner? any idea where i might get one in nz? we do have repco,supercheap etc over here. l.k.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Last edited: