Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 sv6 sluggish

Angus09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 ve
Hi guys,

just picked up a 2010 sv6 ve and seems to be very sluggish and slower. Have driven mates vy and vz utes v6 and seems to be a big difference. Owner before me put in a growler intake and when im accelerating and the growler kicks in it feels like its got a flat spot and just loses power dramatically. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated
tia
Angus

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Give it a full service first of all.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Hi guys,

Owner before me put in a growler intake and when im accelerating and the growler kicks in
Angus
How does an air intake "kick in"?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Clean the pod and maf

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Clean the pod and maf
This, throttle body, injectors, transmission fluid, steering fluid, air filter, spark plugs and see what that gives you.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Hi guys,

just picked up a 2010 sv6 ve and seems to be very sluggish and slower. Have driven mates vy and vz utes v6 and seems to be a big difference. Owner before me put in a growler intake and when im accelerating and the growler kicks in it feels like its got a flat spot and just loses power dramatically. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated
tia
Angus
My experience with growler intakes is that they are worthless. I had one on a ve ss ute many years ago. At a dyno shootout my ute with a growler intake and royal purple oil put out 2 rwkw more than a similar ve ss. His was standard with 13,000 kilometres and mine had 30,000. There are intake systems that are well worthwhile out there.