Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE Calais Headunit upgrade

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Hello
Just downgraded from a VF Calais to a S1 VE Calais. The IQ is terrible so looking at upgrading. Was initially considering the 11" Kayhan Audio model but I have seen the reviews fellow BM's have posted on the VF model so might steer clear.

I am considering the new Aeropro FP9450BK Dual zone fascia ($450 odd), plus a 7-8" headunit that has wireless Apple Carplay and DAB+. This will cost similar to the Kayhan with a higher finish I think. Anyone have any suggestions as to the road to take/models to look at. I don't think I need a GPS in the Headunit as I will just use google maps on the carplay but if it has GPS no problems. Will a 8" fit this fascia?

Cheers Guys.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Hello
Just downgraded from a VF Calais to a S1 VE Calais. The IQ is terrible so looking at upgrading. Was initially considering the 11" Kayhan Audio model but I have seen the reviews fellow BM's have posted on the VF model so might steer clear.

I am considering the new Aeropro FP9450BK Dual zone fascia ($450 odd), plus a 7-8" headunit that has wireless Apple Carplay and DAB+. This will cost similar to the Kayhan with a higher finish I think. Anyone have any suggestions as to the road to take/models to look at. I don't think I need a GPS in the Headunit as I will just use google maps on the carplay but if it has GPS no problems. Will a 8" fit this fascia?

Cheers Guys.

If it's a v8, keep it original and stick your phone in aux. If it's a v6 do whatever, No one will care in a few years haha

CreamyCake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hello

Cheers Guys.
I have got a S1 VE SS myself with centre console looking outta 1990s. U can find cheap Series2 stuff off wreckers and do it urself. There's DIYs on YouTube how to. U might need a loom and programming to be able to make it work with ur car which I think u can get from envyus customs i think.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If it's a v8, keep it original and stick your phone in aux. If it's a v6 do whatever, No one will care in a few years haha
Or keep the parts in a box. Do the after market install. There’s no cutting wires etc.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You loose the flip compartment underneath.
Facia is black, which doesn’t fit in with the gunmetal colour of the Calais.

However, I’ve had a CarPlay headunit in my VZ for years and love it. Connectivity is so easy. Sat nav via Google maps.
Reverse camera.

Really miss it when I drive our VE Calais.

Just getting a good headunit in would be worth the compromises.