Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE Commodore - Error Code P0989

BadBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden VE Commodore V6 Seden
Hi Mates,

I have recently got an error code show up on my scanner - P0989 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch "E"

My Commy is a 2010 VE automatic and shifts 1st, 2nd gear quite poorly, hesitant with high revs in between. This also happens when shifting out of Reverse and into Drive (harsh/rough shift into Drive)

I suspect perhaps the sensor needs replacing but before I consider taking it into the mechanics, I just thought I'd check if anyone has had a similar experience with this particular error code/situation and if there is a simple solution.

Thanks

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
When was the transmission last serviced as in how long ago?
How many kms has the vehicle done?

BadBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
The transmission was serviced 3 weeks ago, fluids dropped/changed and new filter put in. Vehicle has just under 150,000kms.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
It obviously needs to go back to where you had the fluid changed.
Have them repair it and charge you accordingly.

BadBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
That was just a general transmission service, I've had the vehicle just under 3 years and had the same issues. was immobile for over 12 months, (roughly 18 months total).

I suspect a sensor issue as it sat parked up for so long.

Kylie89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden calais ve sportswagon v8
Hi Mates,

I have recently got an error code show up on my scanner - P0989 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch "E"

My Commy is a 2010 VE automatic and shifts 1st, 2nd gear quite poorly, hesitant with high revs in between. This also happens when shifting out of Reverse and into Drive (harsh/rough shift into Drive)

I suspect perhaps the sensor needs replacing but before I consider taking it into the mechanics, I just thought I'd check if anyone has had a similar experience with this particular error code/situation and if there is a simple solution.

Thanks
Hi , did you end up finding out issue . I am having same problem with mine. Thank you