Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE SSV L98 check engine light -.-

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 Ltr manual & 96 WRX
Hey guys, so just brought a 2010 VE SSV and stalled it today for the first time going over a speed bump.. after I started it back up the check engine light came on, so as I tried to drive off to park and check it and under load it was misfiring like a bit*h! Then when I got to a place to stop it was idling really rough and dropping rpm to under 500... So I turned it off and let it sit for 10 mins and it started back up and idles and drives fine now but still got a check engine light on, will take it back to Holden first thing Monday, but any ideas what it could be? I think it's just something to do with timing or ignition but only happened after I stalled it... TIA, DJ

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
could be anything u will have to see what the codes are, also sometimes a stall that tries to catch but still stalls can throw the a/c belt off ive had that a couple times

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 Ltr manual & 96 WRX
Yeah Monday isn't too far away will just wait, if it's running ok now I'll just wait

Last edited: