Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE SV6 flat/lagging spot on acceleration?

garryanderson4

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore SV6 SIDI
Ever since I bought my car a year ago it has had a flat spot around 2500 - 4500 rpm. Even just sitting on 80km/h or trying to overtake.. it has a lag spot.

Two days ago I tried to tune it but the bloke said he couldn’t because it was pinging and acting like it was running on 91oct when its always been running on 98oct. The dyno chart shows exactly the dip from 2500 - 4500

If anyone has any suggestions to fix it that’d be awesome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 220

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Does it burn lots of fuel? Probably a good service would be the best place to start.

garryanderson4

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore SV6 SIDI
Wouldn’t say more than average and its had a solid 180k service only a month ago

Blackout

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Bringing this post back to life from 2019.
I've been experiencing this issue aswell on my MY10 3.6 SIDI LLT engine.

I chucked the k&n air filter in there, but I do need/will give the air box & intake pipe work a good degrease & cleaning the maf sensor too. I'll give the intake manifold a good clean as I don't think the mechanics done a good enough job on cleaning. Just learning & confirming how to go about opening the fly by wire throttle plate so no damage occurs.

I really must the the PCV mod aswell.

I am sure there are answers out there to fix the problems... well hopefully.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)

I chucked the k&n air filter in there, but I do need/will give the air box & intake pipe work a good degrease & cleaning the maf sensor too. I'll give the intake manifold a good clean as I don't think the mechanics done a good enough job on cleaning. Just learning & confirming how to go about opening the fly by wire throttle plate so no damage occurs.

Not sure on the flat spotting, but as for cleaning the butterfly inthe TB, just push it slowly with your fingers and release it slowly back into position and don't push beyond where it pushes back too.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1

is this an oiled ,reusable k&n
you may have contaminated your maf

Blackout

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Not sure on the flat spotting, but as for cleaning the butterfly inthe TB, just push it slowly with your fingers and release it slowly back into position and don't push beyond where it pushes back too.
I have read elsewhere I can do that but after disconnecting the electrical & then gently openjng. Just wanting to find the correct way to do it.

Blackout

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
is this an oiled ,reusable k&n
you may have contaminated your maf
Yes & this is an issue with all using oiled performance filters, the suction rips off small amounts of oil & coats the maf. I'll inspect it & see if there is any film on it & clean regardless.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
back in the early 90's
had a friend who ran a ricer performance shop
he was replacing 4-5 maf sensors and original air filters every day
nice easy way to make a living

redsherran69

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 ve sidi sedan / '09 ve international wagon
I have read elsewhere I can do that but after disconnecting the electrical & then gently openjng. Just wanting to find the correct way to do it.
The correct way is turn key to acc but don't start it , and wedge a pole or as I used the trolley jack extension pole between drivers seat and acc pedal so its flat to the ground and it will open then spray some TB cleaner and give a good wipe.
Never open it by hand , being a electronic throttle body you will do more harm than good