Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 ve SV6 ute Just not for me anymore :( New car ideas?

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Hi guys,

I have been on the forum for a bit now and read through many threads and pages that have been very helpful to me and my car but what im getting to is im over my sv6 ve ute! I had great plans on spending way to much money on it just to make it sound better and go abit quicker but as far as i can see i may as well just wait until im off my P's and to get a Ve Maloo which should be pretty cheap in a couple of years and it will be more well looked after as i will have more knowledge and skill when it comes the time i can get one. But dont get me wrong i love my ute it is my first car and is a very good car to have but as far as i can see im better off getting rid of it and wait until i can get a v8 and save the money that i would spend on mods to the V6 and will probaly get wrecked.

So what car should i get instead? maybe something different? just looking for something that will be able to take what i put it through being young :) any feed back would be great.

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
I actually like the Subaru WRX. Not sure if you can get a non-turbo one though.

Second on the list is a Toyota Hilux. There's heaps of fun to be had in a 4WD.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I made the switch to my first 4x4 recently and I haven't looked back. Sure, it's great to have a car that handles well on the road but it's even better to have one that can go to places a Commodore can't.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
I made the switch to my first 4x4 recently and I haven't looked back. Sure, it's great to have a car that handles well on the road but it's even better to have one that can go to places a Commodore can't.

Only down side to a 4x4 is they are massive money pits too.

As far as I can tell, you want a cheap car you can thrash until you get off your p's and can get a v8?

Id probably buy something like a toyota celica. Can buy them cheap and thrash them.
If not wanting something fast. Buy a toyota hilux with an alloy tray or something cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Thanks for the replies guys, yeah i was thinking that too almost get a low lux instead of the sv6 but then when went the holden because it went brap -_- haha.

Im considering getting a dmax or rodeo as newer luxys are still abit pricey, do yous have any knowledge of those?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
4wd = boring.