Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE SV6 Ute

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Hey all, Thought this'd be the best place to actually show off the progress of my Ute's build.

For reference it's a 2010 SV6 Ute, bought with 210k on the clock, now currently sitting on 235k. I Purchased it as a repaired write-off from a mechanic who bought it off a guy in Kalgoorlie, so it'd spent most of its life carting around a rather portly chap who worked at the gold mines. Now it's mine.

20200601_162558.jpg

At the moment i've done mostly cosmetic modifications, with my only engine mod so far being this:
20200326_114642.jpg

This is a custom made throttle body spacer which allows my set of E1 HSV Bimodals to function. The car's also copped a Centre Muffler delete, so when you're driving around like a granny, it's fairly quiet, but it becomes mad rowdy when you step on the gas.

I've also swapped the factory calipers for SS calipers from an SS that only had 20,000km on it.

At the moment however, most of my mods so far have been interior and quality-of-life mods.

20200727_124451_2.jpg

The above pic is of my most recent mod, this centre stack.

I Changed out the centre stack for the HSV Triple gauge pod and fascia surround and designed some custom gauge rings and watch glasses. They're made from 316G Stainless steel and 3.5mm thick Polycarbonate respectively. In this photo they're not glued in, but by the time most of you get around to reading this, they'll be properly secured in. (I just test fitted them to see how they'd look.)

The shift knob is a Likewise Thicc Boi sitting atop a 14mm Euro adapter on the stock shifter, and the Headunit is a DigOptions Android head unit, configured to run Android Auto through Headunit Reloaded, and has a functional reverse camera.

The track button also has a pigtail wired into it for when I eventually source some Tein Street Advance Z coilovers and an appropriate EDFC to suit, which'll be controlled using a BBC Micro:Bit controller.

20200607_162255.jpg

(Pic was pre-gauge swap)

The interior mods also include wrapped and white under-illuminated dash strips (Wrapped in grey microsuede, wired to the interior illumination), Series 2 Calais doorcards, E1 HSV suede glovebox, console spears and driver's side kick panel, and white LED underglow in the footwells (when the doors open.), as well as a Calais overhead lamps with reading lights, a sliding console box from a Series 1 Calais, and Senator A pillar covers.

So, what's next?

Well, now that i've finished off the gauges and the centre stack the next thing I'm working towards is to fit an illuminated under-head-unit console storage box, and then a set of custom seat reskins, with Leather bolsters and a black microsuede seat back and base. (Basically like the VF Leather/Suede combo seats)

Then after that, it's time for new DBA rotors, Bendix SRT pads and HEL brakelines. Then it'll be in for an OTR, Cams, Headers, hiflow cats and a tune.

I also need to pull dents from the exterior, replace the soft tonneau with a hard tonneau cover, and perhaps swap the wheels out too.

I'll post updates here as I go along.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How hot does the shift knob get on hot days ?

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
How hot does the shift knob get on hot days ?

Pretty freaking hot, haha. I keep a spare microfiber towel in the car (usually to clean the dash, etc.) and I just cover it up with that. Does the trick :)

in saying that though, it's double the weight of the stock shifter, feels nice to row around. It'd go nice with a short shifter but I've yet to get around to putting one in.